GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!

Go down 
+13
a1awind
phantom 309
jayoldschool
DBeaSSt
Nick Danger
TylerW
matthimself456
buickestate
200OZ
convert2diesel
81X11
BigBlackBeaSSt
toomanytoyz
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Empty
PostSubject: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:27 pm

Yup. I did it again. Bought another Fleetwood! Very Happy

I was working out of area a couple weeks ago in Brookline, NH and saw this jem sitting along the woodline in someone's yard. I stopped and looked at it and sure as sh!t, it was rust free! I knew it was a snowbird car given to the grandkids that didn't want it. And long story short, that was the case. It needs paint because the factory clear is peeling, but it is a Florida car, 75K miles, loaded, from the original owners! It's nasty gross for sitting for a year, but it started right up and I drove it 20 miles home! Wink

And here are the pics. Because it DID happen!

Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! DSCN4330

Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! DSCN4332

Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! DSCN4335

Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! DSCN4334

Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! DSCN4337

Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! DSCN4338

Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! DSCN4340

Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! DSCN4339

Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! DSCN4342

Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! DSCN4347

Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! DSCN4345

And yes, you can hate me. Because I bought it for next to nuthin... Wink

So psyched!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:00 pm

Here we go again!Surprise us Bill,like I know you can!
Jim
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:06 pm

Bill Bill Bill...............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:15 pm

Might I make a suggestion, good sir: don't make anymore personalized license plates related to cars.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:30 pm

I knew there had to be a reason the S-10 went away.....

Very nice. Please keep the chrome wheels, so sharp!

Will enjoy watching you fix it up over the next two months to sell.....

Very Happy

-Mike
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:36 pm

Why is it no suprise the trunk pull down doesn't work? Way too much rust on the door hinges and gas tank straps. Just part it out and send me the front fender extensions santa

Bill
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:20 pm

Nice find you lucky son of a gun. cheers

Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:23 pm

Wish I was there to help clean that up! With some elbow grease, even with some paint peel, it's going to look really good!
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:26 pm

satin black and a forsale sign?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:29 pm

buickestate wrote:

Don't give him ideas like that.......
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:30 pm

Hey Crovo don't forget how those digital fuel gauges can lie to you!

Last edited by 81X11 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:37 pm

Satin purple?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:41 pm

buickestate wrote:
Satin purple?

HUSH!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 4:08 pm

Why, Mike? Sprocket pulled it off rather well. Smile
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 4:08 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Might I make a suggestion, good sir: don't make anymore personalized license plates related to cars.

Laughing

Funny you mention that...
Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! 2011-11-18141037

(it's transferable) Very Happy lol

convert2diesel wrote:
Why is it no suprise the trunk pull down doesn't work? Way too much rust on the door hinges and gas tank straps. Just part it out and send me the front fender extensions santa

Bill

Yeah, I popped the trunk and it wouldn't latch. So I drove it home bungeed closed. Turns out the trunk popper was stuck. I removed it and it closes fine again. Just need to use the key til I get a replacement. Pull down works pissah! Very Happy

And NO satin paint on this. I'm actually going to take it to a real body shop and have them fix it. Hopefully just a scuff and re-clear. But we will see...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 4:13 pm

You don't have to replace the motor, Crovo. Someone did a writeup on the Caddy forum on how to fix the motor.

I'll find in a bit. I frequent that place often.
Back to top Go down
matthimself456

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 5:16 pm

Wow I stop paying attention for 2 minutes and Crovo sells that junker s10, buys a sweet caddy and another real truck, and the Subaru isn't in his sig anymore? Is that gone too? Do you ever walk out to the driveway to go somewhere and then realize you don't own the car you were planning to drive anymore?
Back to top Go down
TylerW

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 5:49 pm

As a fellow car whore who has been temporarily forced to abstain because of finances....thank you...I needed that.

I like to think of it as being a foster parent for cars. Take in those that were abandoned and unloved, provide 'em shelter and a caring environment, then send them back out in the world better off than before Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 6:07 pm

buickestate wrote:

And flames!!!!!!!!!! So 3 months........... What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 6:22 pm

WHOA.

Okay, Subaru's out of the sig.

Spill it, Crovo. Smile What happened?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 6:25 pm

Stingroo wrote:
WHOA.

Okay, Subaru's out of the sig.

Spill it, Crovo. Smile What happened?

It's in the background in the pics?????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 6:37 pm

Not in the sig pic. Maybe he sold it the same day (lol)
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 6:55 pm

It's in the pictures . . .
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 7:50 pm

This is the part where I say something like "I hate you Bill..."

Nice score, send it south where it belongs. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 8:21 pm

Nice!

Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:08 pm

Send it north to Mike. He needs a good car to keep his wagon off the road for the winter.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:19 pm

matthimself456 wrote:
Do you ever walk out to the driveway to go somewhere and then realize you don't own the car you were planning to drive anymore?

Matt, I actually lol'd pretty good on that one! Razz What? Doesn't that happen to everybody? lol

Tyler, glad I could help! Smile And I totally agree with your theory.

As far as the scoobie, yeah I love it and yeah it's running the balls. BUT... The effin thing is getting between 17 and 19 mpg ON THE HIGHWAY!!!! WTF, over??? I was getting almost that in my 2500! Which was the best vehicle I ever owned, and which I sold to buy this thing. So I figured for the 1 or 2 MPG hit, I'll go back to driving something actually useful. Wink So I put it up for sale while it's running great. Before that ticking time bomb goes off. Wink

Supposedly it's sold. Might be gone this weekend. And its sale price will pay for the 2500 with a plow, the rebirth of the Marshmallow and the repaint of the Fleetwood. Probably with some money left over. Wink

So it was a pretty easy choice. Very Happy

There. Beans spillt. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:31 pm

CALLED IT, FOLKS.

Sorry Crovo. Worthy sacrifice, though. Very Happy

Is that the same exact truck you had before, or no?

Also, LOL another vanity plate needed. Surely the truck doesn't fail.

The NH DMV must LOOOOOOOOOOOVE you. Do they know you by name yet?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Know me by name? I have my own teller! Razz

Not the same truck, but similar. Same color, options and all. Just the interior is darker grey leather and it only has 3 doors. And I think that the truck's plate will be "BESTOFR"... Another easily transferable one. Wink

Oh, so the plan for the Snowbird as of now (which is COMPLETELY subject to change at any time) is to clean it up and drive it (not in the snow and salt, of course). Figure out what it needs and fix it. And get the paint situation taken care of. If I flip it, it'll happen bone stock in the spring. If I keep it, it'll probably get tint, exhaust (probably just turbo mufflers with res delete and tips), sewer pipe with a side of hockey puck, remote start, dvd player and headrest screens and maybe some SS wheels. On the fence about lowering it. I really want to keep the floaty ride and vault-like quiet interior though... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Do you need a dealer's license in NH for all the cars you buy and sell Bill?I know down here in Va,you would need a license if you buy and sell more than 2 vehicles in a 12 month period.
Hope your plan works out and you get to do all the things you are planning.
Jim
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 1:28 am

personal plate,...DEJAVU

nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:38 am

Nick wins this thread.

Best idea ever.
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:16 am

ive never been in a fleetwood but i love the look of them. and have always wanted one.
are they that much different inside as far as appointments ? are they noticeably quieter than a roadmaster?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:44 am

Actually, yeah Ian, there is a difference. The front seats are the most comfortable of the bunch. And there is 6" more rear legroom. And they are a LOT quieter inside. There's a lot of asphalt insulation in them, for sure! Wink
Back to top Go down
matthimself456

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:15 am

Yeah mpg's seem to be the big negative with fast Subarus. I know a few guys with "fast" WRX's that would've been thrilled with 19 highway. If it pays for the rebirth of the Marshmallow its worth it.

I need to start showing these threads to my wife to make my habit not look so bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:48 am

Thats a good idea Matt.Compared to Crovo and his buying and selling habits we are all saints.
Bill you know the Fleetwood wont stay stock anymore than all the other cars.Its a nicer copy
of the last Fleetwood.The kids that inherited the Caddy are typical of todays youth and just
parked Grannys car out in the field because they didnt like it.Their loss is your gain,right Bill?
Sure looks like its going to clean up real good and make a wonderful car for someone else in a
few WEEKS!
Jim
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:29 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
Actually, yeah Ian, there is a difference. The front seats are the most comfortable of the bunch. And there is 6" more rear legroom. And they are a LOT quieter inside. There's a lot of asphalt insulation in them, for sure! Wink

im sold....now i really want one.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:31 am

The "granddaughter" was old enough to be my mother! Very Happy lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:41 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Thats a good idea Matt.Compared to Crovo and his buying and selling habits we are all saints.
Bill you know the Fleetwood wont stay stock anymore than all the other cars.Its a nicer copy
of the last Fleetwood. The kids that inherited the Caddy are typical of todays youth and just
parked Grannys car out in the field because they didnt like it.
Their loss is your gain,right Bill?
Sure looks like its going to clean up real good and make a wonderful car for someone else in a
few WEEKS!
Jim

Hey.

I take offense.

I want a Fleetwood someday...
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 1:40 pm

A red Fleetwood? A GMC 2500? It's like we've gone back in time. I love it! I don't think I've ever seen a red one with a red brougham roof before. I never knew how much I wanted a Fleetwood until I sat in one at the junkyard, omfg it was comfortable!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 1:47 pm

Ray,I wasnt talking about you!The 95 RMW is much quieter at 75 than my 91 OCC is.Time to
start carrying my digital DB meter again and find out just how much quieter it is!
Jim
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:05 pm

Thanks guys. I totally diggit. Even though my back is KILLING me from polishing all that stainless and the wheels today!!!!

And, with a HUGE thanks to Chris and his mad detailing skills, I present to you a much less grimy and pretty ol' girl! He's a master with the buffer!

Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! 2011-11-20152138

Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! 2011-11-20152214

Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! 2011-11-20152248

She is so quiet and rides so nice! I'm certainly gonna hate to molest her. Wink

And yes, I know. LOWER IT! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:50 pm

Looks great! Nice work! Fix the paint, detail the interior, tint the windows, and do some modding under the hood for more power. That'll keep you busy!

I think it looks FINE as it sits now...I would not lower it, enjoy the ride and don't sweat over speedbumps and steep driveways. Love those wheels!

If you do mod the exhaust, think about putting some good mufflers on it but keeping the resonators. That car should have a nice rumble at idle but not be loud, and should be quiet on the highway. You should only hear it when you put your foot in it. Some nice angle-cut chrome tips just peeking out below the rear bumper would look cool though.

Keep the updates and pics coming. I like this one A LOT!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:14 pm

I still can't believe it's the same car!

Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! DSCN4332

Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! 2011-11-20152152

And I was thinking the same look for the exhaust. Thinking just turbo mufflers with no resonators. It's exactly as you describe, soundwise.

I HAVE to lower it. Look at the wheel gap up front! It's horrific! lol. I will probably just cut the front springs. Maybe some SS rears.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:15 pm

Pics of the hood after polish?

I'm curious to see how much of an effect it had.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Daaaammmmmnnnnnnn Bill,I cant believe its the same car either!Its going to hurt a lot more
when you sell this one!
Jim
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:21 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Pics of the hood after polish?

I'm curious to see how much of an effect it had.

We didn't bother with it because I'm going to have it repainted. Wink Just a quick buff to knock all the loose clear off.

Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:48 pm

I think it's the same red FW he had before. Just reposted pictures to tease us! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:50 pm

Bill,you need to take the caddy back to the sellers and show them what it could be with a LOT
of elbow grease!
Jim
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:53 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Bill,you need to take the caddy back to the sellers and show them what it could be with a LOT
of elbow grease!
Jim

Nope! Pics for truth!

Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! 2011-11-20155924

The detailer just happens to own my old one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!   Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Field Find! 95 Fleetwood Brougham!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next