GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise

Go down 
+3
1phastsswagon
jayoldschool
Cadet57
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise Empty
PostSubject: Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise   Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:36 pm

Was driving the wagon today when I started hearing a clunking noise and then the car started pulling to the left. Thats about all I can give you. I noticed it most while I was accelerating and turning left. It also clunked intermittently while moving straight @ 40mph. Any ideas as to what it can be? FSM is not with me atm so I can't refer to it.

And yes, I checked all my grounds. Including the one on the T-Stat. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise   Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:40 pm

Quick,make sure all your lugnuts are tight!May be losing a wheel!
Jim
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise   Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:45 pm

Check for loose/missing alignment shims, and also for a loose caliper on the RIGHT side.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise   Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:51 pm

Also check the control arm bushings, and ball joints, also check your sway bar end links
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise   Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 12:55 am

Fuel pump?

Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise   Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 1:16 am

check your left shock, at the bottom of the lower control arm. the control arm may have rotted out...

Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise DSC01914

Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise DSC01912

New lower control arms can be had from rockauto
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise   Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:22 pm

Control arms were good. Caliper was good too.

1phastsswagon wrote:
Also check the control arm bushings, and ball joints, also check your sway bar end links

Ball joints are a year old. As for the bushing and end links. What would I be looking for to know they're bad? Or would it be really obvious if they were broken?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise   Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 5:40 pm

Justin how about the wheel bearings on your car?
Jim
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise   Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 5:42 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Justin how about the wheel bearings on your car?
Jim

I would guess they're original to the car, but they were repacked and greased this summer when I did my wheel studs. They looked fine then. At least that's what my father said. He's the mechanic, not me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise   Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Lug nuts, bearings.

Lift the front of the car and Grab the top of the tire and shake it. If it moves, you have bearing issues.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise   Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:31 am

Krzdimond wrote:
Lug nuts, bearings.

Lift the front of the car and Grab the top of the tire and shake it. If it moves, you have bearing issues.

Nope. Bearings were good.

Put the car on jackstands today and gave a much better inspection. Everything looked good. No broken or missing pieces. Caliper was nice and tight as well. As far as I could tell I had all my alignment shims.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise   Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Check your Upper Contol Arm Shaft Bolts - Wife (driving the 95 BBB) was on her way home from XMAS shopping, and said she heard a BANG from the left front,, and a rubbing noise on the way home. Went out and took a look, and the upper control arm shaft bolts sheared off Shocked

Luckily she got it home (dont know how) as of right know theres no major damage to the car. Have to inspect it better in the morning Mad
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise   Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:46 pm

Did you check the rear control arm bushings? Especially on the driver's side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise   Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car Pulls To The Left/Clunking Noise
Page 1 of 1