GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas Empty
PostSubject: Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas   Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:01 am

http://movembercarshow.webstarts.com/

This show is free and open to all makes/models. I think this is to help benefit mens health.

If you're familiar with the All British Car Day show, this is located at the same place behind the Dell Diamond in Round Rock Texas, off Hwy 79. It's a really great spot!

I'll probably drive the Roady out, lots of folks from my local car club are going.

From the link above:

Movember show and shine November 27th 2011

Lake view pavillion at Old Settlers park in Round Rock TX (just north of Austin)

- Custom and classic cars and motorcycles

- Raffle, BBQ, Moustasche contest

Come join us for a day of beautiful cars and beautiful weather to benefit the Movember Foundation. During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces, in the US and around the world. With their “Mo’s”, these men raise vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men.

On Movember 1st, guys register at Movember.com with a clean-shaven face. For the rest of the month, these selfless and generous men, known as Mo Bros, groom, trim and wax their way into the annals of fine moustachery. Supported by the women in their lives, Mo Sistas, Movember Mo Bros raise funds by seeking out sponsorship for their Mo-growing efforts.

Mo Bros effectively become walking, talking billboards for the 30 days of November. Through their actions and words they raise awareness by prompting private and public conversation around the often ignored issue of men’s health.

At the end of the month, Mo Bros and Mo Sistas celebrate their gallantry and valor by either throwing their own Movember party or attending one of the infamous Gala Partés held around the world by Movember, for Movember.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas   Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 3:56 pm

Got up this morning and cleaned the Roady from top to bottom. Loaded up the kids, drove out to this show.....not a person there. Not even a sign.....?

Oh well. We had a cold front blow in yesterday and it's sunny now but only about 60-degrees. Maybe the cold weather scared everyone off???

Oh well, I have a detailed Roady to drive to work tomorrow.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas   Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 5:44 pm

81X11 wrote:

Oh well. We had a cold front blow in yesterday and it's sunny now but only about 60-degrees. Maybe the cold weather scared everyone off???

60? Cold? lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas   Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 5:57 pm

Aw Poor Baby,60 degrees is a cold front only in texas.Now Mike you have no excuse to get busy
on your Gutlass Cutlass.Lets see some pics of the transplant in progress Mike.Should be a 1 or 2
weekend job at the most.
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas   Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:34 am

The car show was indeed cancelled do to the cold front. Had an e-mail from one of the organizers in my Inbox this morning. 60 with a north wind is COLD folks!

As for the Cutlass, it's still sitting, engine is still on the stand in my garage. Funds are diverted to kiddos for the holiday at this point. Hopefully after New Years I can tear into it.

Such fun.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas   Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:36 am

81X11 wrote:
60 with a north wind is COLD folks!

I think those 100 degree days this summer messed up your brain. Wink
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas   Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:43 am

Cadet57 wrote:
81X11 wrote:

Thinned out my blood for sure. Was in the 30's here this morning and frost on the car. About froze to death leaving the house for work! Ha!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas   Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:49 am

81X11 wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
81X11 wrote:

Thinned out my blood for sure. Was in the 30's here this morning and frost on the car. About froze to death leaving the house for work! Ha!

-Mike

You sound like this guy I know on another message board. He's from Odessa and he's complaining that its 54 Laughing
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas   Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:58 am

I lived in Midland/Odessa years ago. At night, you can see the lights of towns 30-40 miles away. Talk about the wide open spaces!

54 IS cold.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas   Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movember Car Show, Nov 27th - Round Rock Texas
Page 1 of 1