GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster

Go down 
+3
buickwagon
Ancient_1
bocoogto
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bocoogto

Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster Empty
PostSubject: Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster   Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 7:56 pm

I've noticed there is a nameplate on the dash of my Roadmaster that says "Gran Touring Suspension." Is this an optional handling package or is this standard on the '95? I also have a '93 Roadmaster wagon that apparantly has the standard suspension. Both Roadmasters have the factory tow package.

Also, the '95 makes a noise like a tire rubbing when moving in reverse or turning corners slowly. It is not loud, but is nearly always there. I've looked under the car and see that the mud flaps are a few inches from the tires both front and rear. Nothing else in the wheel wells is near the tires. I have Kuhmo 225-75R15 tires on the stock Buick aluminum rims. Any ideas? Could this be an antilock brake malfunction?
Back to top Go down
Ancient_1

Ancient_1

PostSubject: Re: Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster   Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 8:40 pm

At full lock it seems even stock tires will rub on the sway bar in front which is what you are probably hearing. If not full lock I don't know.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster   Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 8:55 pm

Ah, the old dash plate question...

Some cars have "Dynaride Suspension" dash plates. Some cars have "Gran Touring Suspension" dash plates.

In theory, Dynaride is the softer suspension and Gran Touring is the firmer (sportier?) suspension. In reality it seems that the dash plates were affixed randomly. There's no rhyme or reason to it. No identifiable RPO code or option package seems to be related to the plate.

As for the tire noise, I think it's just the tread walking around when you turn those wide tires in a tight circle.
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster   Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Gran Touring was probably a heavier duty suspension to make up for the added weight of the double din radio vs the 1.5 din. scratch

Does your car have posi? Sounds like you're describing the same noise I had. I changed to fluid and put a bottle of the gm posi additive in the rear end on mine and the noise went away.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster   Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 2:49 pm

I think Dynaride is the self leveling air shocks. Grand Touring is regular shocks. Unless all Roadmasters have auto level suspension....

Here's a link with somebody explaining the two, don't know how true it is...

Difference between Dynaride and Grand Touring

Last edited by Gastt on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster   Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Nope. Mine has the GT plaque with the air shocks.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster   Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Gastt wrote:
I think Dynaride is the self leveling air shocks. Grand Touring is regular shocks. Unless all Roadmasters have auto level suspension....

Here's a link with somebody explaining the two, don't know how true it is...

Difference between Dynaride and Grand Touring

THEY NO NOT TO WIT THEY SPEAK!!

buickwagon wrote:
Nope. Mine has the GT plaque with the air shocks.

And mine just the opposite!! POOF!! There goes that theory.

Last edited by BigBlackBeaSSt on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JaySS
Admin
JaySS

PostSubject: Re: Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster   Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 6:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster   Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gran Touring Suspension '95 Roadmaster
Page 1 of 1