GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I think I may have a problem...

Go down 
+2
Lynol
95BRMW
6 posters
AuthorMessage
95BRMW

95BRMW

I think I may have a problem... Empty
PostSubject: I think I may have a problem...   I think I may have a problem... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:50 pm

Along my trip to pickup the 95 parts Caprice wagon I ran into a deal I could not refuse. First here is how I got into this whole mess of cars.
A few weeks ago I found the 95 Caprice dirt cheap on CL with only 90k on it. Called the guy and he couldn't show it until the weekend, which worked for me because he was in NY. I was planning to go there early in the morning and buy the car and get it towed back and use it as a beater. The following Friday I get an email from the seller saying he sold the car to someone who just needed the engine. This guy had apparently been passing by and inquired about the car and paid cash for it.
The seller did give this guy my name and number and said I might wants parts off it, all I really cared about was that it was a tow pack car and wanted the posi rear. I get a call and he offered to sell me the shell less the engine and tranny for cheap, less than scrap value.
I got a call a few days ago saying I can pick it up. He also mentioned he had another wagon and would make me a great deal on the pair Rolling Eyes
I get down there and he shows me the good car, which is a 94 DCM RMW with tan guts, 168k, and its a tow pack. The car needs a good cleaning, but runs and drives great and has no rust except for the bottom of the spare well has a half dollar sized hole in it. He gave me a great deal and I drove it home while my friend trailered the caprice home.
Word of caution: NEVER tow an engine-less wagon on a uhaul auto transport with the front loaded first! The weight is not evenly distributed at all and it makes the trailer whip hard at speeds over 40mph. Lynol did the hauling for me and said it was a hell of a terrifying ride.

Anyways, here is my new addition to the already too large fleet. Guess which one is new Smile
I think I may have a problem... P1000406
I think I may have a problem... P1000405
I think I may have a problem... Photobucket-678-1325369141662
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: I think I may have a problem...   I think I may have a problem... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:58 pm

You're f*ckin nuts. But I tell you, if I found a more beat up version of one of my cars I'd buy if only to not have to bother registering it and just swap plates when I want to drive it, lol! So, looks like your going to have to strip and part out the green RMW sooner than planned... And yeah I knew that towing that wagon backwards was the Crown Jewel of bad ideas, but thanks to that stupid A$$ trailer hitch, there was no way to get it on backwards. In retrospect, if that situation ever happens again, I'm just not doing it. I've towed bigger and heavier things with that trailer, and it was fine, but man if you've got too much weight in back and none in front, it's a death ride.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think I may have a problem...   I think I may have a problem... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 6:47 pm

I see the driveway of a smart man with excellent taste in cars.Just so so smart when it comes to towing rules.
Jim
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: I think I may have a problem...   I think I may have a problem... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 6:59 pm

Geez... He must be crazy if EYE look at this and think... "Man, he's nuts!" Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think I may have a problem...   I think I may have a problem... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 7:39 pm

Said the wisest of all car fanatics!
Jim
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: I think I may have a problem...   I think I may have a problem... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 6:02 pm

You sir are a Lucky Man - Great Score............
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: I think I may have a problem...   I think I may have a problem... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 6:26 pm

What's that 3 in 2 weeks Dave? Would have been 4 if you got the Caddy.

Tom
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: I think I may have a problem...   I think I may have a problem... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:47 am

Hahahaha! Great score!

When do you put up the Used Cars sign over the driveway? I bet your neighbors hate you....like mine hate me. Hahahahaha!

Awesome pics,

-Mike
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: I think I may have a problem...   I think I may have a problem... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 5:00 pm

Luckily no one lives next door to me (yet) to hate me LOL. The "parts" wagons are parked at a storage place the next town over until I get time and/or space for part outs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think I may have a problem...   I think I may have a problem... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think I may have a problem...
Page 1 of 1