GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons

Go down 
+6
jayoldschool
95BRMW
94X2
Cadet57
81X11
Sprocket
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Empty
PostSubject: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:08 pm

I don't have enough time for them all!!!

Now that I got a promo at work, I get home a little earlier and in the waning 30 minutes of daylight I played hit and run on 3 wagons.

1. Big Red, charged the batt overnight and got her cranked up and running for a good 20 minutes.

2. Dusty, wife's outta town and driving it smelled burning oil. A look underneath showed British Rust Protection in action. whole underside is coated.....Dag Nabbit. Had been leaking around the oil filter last couple changes, look like she sprung a gasket....

3. The Jade saga continues. SHe's pissed cuz I let her stay on the side of the house for so long, and then busted her windshield. Took the freshly charged batt outta Big Red and dropped it in. No fuel pressure! Crap. I know it needs a new water pump too, and a front end rebuild, and the brakes gone through. SHe's a needy girl.

Add on top of that the brake issue (drum is frozen on NEW shoes) and you can see where I have alot on my plate.

Oh and the kitchen remodel is still in process..........sigh.[strike]

Last edited by Sprocket on Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:10 pm

Your kitchen is STILL in progress?

Damn, maybe you DO need some help one Saturday. lol
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:32 am

I feel your pain! ; )
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:40 am

I WISH I had that problem Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:12 pm

Cadet57 wrote:

all it takes is some spare cash and a lack of sensible judgement, er, um, ahem, I meant a love for these cars.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:15 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

all it takes is some spare cash and a lack of sensible judgement, er, um, ahem, I meant a love for these cars.

I dont have the first, but I DO have the second, I'm halfway there! Razz
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:30 pm

I don't know how you do it. 2 are a handful for me. Jealousy theory is in full force here. It's so bad that when one has a flat tire the other one has to also.

Jon
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:17 pm

I have the lack of judgment thing down, or as I call it "buy it now, worry about it later"
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:11 pm

95BRMW wrote:
I have the lack of judgment thing down, or as I call it "buy it now, worry about it later"

No it's more like the wow, this is such a good deal I CAN'T pass it up.......that said there is a 93 caprice wagon for 800 right now locally....I'm trying to be strong.....I may need an intervention.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:17 pm

If it's a 350 - do it. If not, pass.

You need more than 305's in your life. Smile
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:33 pm

You need the six pack Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:46 pm

I always thought I would always have time for multiple wagons...but with work, my gigs on the side, teaching Cello lessons and married life....I am only finding time for one right now. Sad Hoping that will change though once the days are longer and the weather is warmer!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:30 pm

I am coming face to face with stage of life matters. You are debating having two many cars; I am debating simply having too many things going on in life PERIOD. I have two preschool-age children and we are starting the process of adopting a third so we'll be busy bees for the next coupla years. It's about all I can do to attend wagonfest and this year I'm trying to squeeze in the Impy Nats in Detroit with the 9C1. The 9C1 has had little more than oil changes and brake inspections over the past three years.

At some point when our kids are older, we will get back into cars and such, but for now, other matters are more pressing.
Back to top Go down
FlashGumby

FlashGumby

PostSubject: Re: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:12 pm

How long has that rear brake been locked up on the Austin Healey now, Sprocket? (You don't even mention here that your interest in cars goes beyond your wagon collection.) Laughing

The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons DaddyWagon_big-1
-Scott McGrath
'96 Roadmaster Estate Ltd. - Last of the Great American Wagons
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2762557
ISSCA#2229 BCA#43406 BMD#115
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 5:15 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
we are starting the process of adopting a third
Wow, that's amazing. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 5:20 pm

jasonlachapelle wrote:
sherlock9c1 wrote:
we are starting the process of adopting a third
Wow, that's amazing. Congrats.

x 2, good for you Bud!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:55 pm

FlashGumby wrote:
How long has that rear brake been locked up on the Austin Healey now, Sprocket? (You don't even mention here that your interest in cars goes beyond your wagon collection.) Laughing

Too long and doesn't look like I'll get to it this weekend either. Gotta finish the island counter top before Tuesday night!!!! Running concurrently this weekend, is taking my nephew to a Hockey game Sunday, fixing the leaking oil adapter gasket on Dusty, getting the flat fixed on Big Red (my new DD) and cleaning up the house as the wife's been gone 3 weeks (back Tues).

And that's just on the MUST do list. Don't get me started! Too much PERIOD like Joel said.

Oh yeah there's waves tomorrow too, so I HAVE to go surfing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 7:47 pm

I thought Big Red was Redbird's? You didn't go all Indian-giver on him, did you?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:47 pm

nope, Big Red is the other beat up Olds
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:47 pm

Oh, right. The other one is Ruby.

I can't keep their names straight. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons   The problem with having  5, er umm 4 wagons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The problem with having 5, er umm 4 wagons
Page 1 of 1