GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
92cappy

92cappy

NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\ Empty
PostSubject: NEW TINT! annnnd other things =   NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:03 pm

So after receiving a tint ticket, and having to remove all of my 20%, I went back to get it tinted again.

NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\ IMAG0111

This is my first time seeing the tint with my painted B/C pillars and painted door handles, along with the 9C1 wheels. Looks good don't it! Until less that 30 minutes later,

NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\ IMAG0113

NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\ IMAG0115

NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\ IMAG0116

NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\ IMAG0117

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

At least it happened to the side that already had damage, but still. I never realized a tiny little corolla could do all that damage, and drive away virtually unharmed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\   NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:11 pm

Hope they got the ticket and not you!
Jim
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\   NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:23 pm

Unfortunately, here in Maryland (or at least in my county), unless someone is injured, or a vehicle is no longer driveable, the police won't even come to the scene. It sucks because the Insurance said it was my fault, even though if the police had taken a report it would have obviously been his fault Mad but at least no one was hurt.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\   NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:49 pm

WOW that sucks, but atleast U and it drove away.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home

PostSubject: Re: NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\   NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:02 pm

Damn that DOES suck.

Off-topic: did you just Rusto/Krylon the door handles? That looks good. May have to scuff mine up and give 'em a spray.
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\   NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:39 pm

Yea. Theres a new door on it now with a paint job that turned out terribly due to bad primer, but at least it's still driving. The door handles were sprayed with I believe Krylon automotive 1 stage gloss. There is another thread on here that has the pics of it
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\   NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:41 pm

BTW, 1phatsswagon, that new door I put on is the one with the busted rollers. The smashed door had perfectly good ones til i sold it back to the scrap yard Mad
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\   NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 6:42 am

BTW I have some doors. Just north of York PA.
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\   NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Thanks Tim, but

NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\ IMAG0165

NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\ IMAG0168

NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\ IMG_20120106_144729

I've mostly taken care of that =)

More body work and (hopefully) paint coming this spring or summer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\   NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW TINT! annnnd other things =\
Page 1 of 1