GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roadmaster Question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
92cappy

92cappy

Roadmaster Question Empty
PostSubject: Roadmaster Question   Roadmaster Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:10 pm

So I read that the center storage bin/cup holder/armrest from a 91-95 Roadmaster (sedan or wagon) is a direct swap for my 92 Cappy armrest. My question is, did the Roadies ever come with a grey cloth interior? I've seen maroon, blue, and tan, but never grey. I'm headed to the yard tomorrow to see if I can find one. If not, I'll probably just grab one thats the wrong color, unless any forum members have any lying around Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Question   Roadmaster Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:14 pm

I do believe I've seen Roadmaster SEDANS with grey interiors.

Also, Fleetwoods and Fleetwood Broughams from 93-96 have the same armrest, and I know those came in grey.
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Question   Roadmaster Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:20 pm

I couldn't find a cloth one for my Caprice when I was looking, so I grabbed a leather one from a Roadmaster and dyed it to match the interior...turned out great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Question   Roadmaster Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:31 pm

I got uber lucky and found a cloth one in the right TBI red color.

Now I'm giving it away to a buddy. lol
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Question   Roadmaster Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Years ago I snagged a grey cloth Roadmaster armrest at a scrap yard so they do exist. I've got a grey leather one in my GN. Awesome improvement over the stock console lid; adds comfort & utility.

Roadmaster Question P1070611
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Question   Roadmaster Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:56 pm

I'll keep my eyes peeled. not too many b's in the yard, but enough that I might get lucky. Thanks for the info Very Happy
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Question   Roadmaster Question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 12:58 pm

Wow! 5 b's in the yard today! Went to a different yard then usual, as I've been to the other one 3 times in the past week and a half for various things, and I didn't see much there. There was only one Roadmaster in the yard, but it had a tan interior. Luckily for me though, I found this little gem inside of a black Caprice sedan!

Roadmaster Question IMG_20120109_101726

It looked like someone had already tried to take it out unsucessfully. Lucky for me! There was only one screw left in there (the seats were already reclined all the way back), and the second screw took a LOT to get it to break free. I guess whoever was there before me gave up too early Laughing

Took it home for $20. A bit more than I would have liked, but hey, cupholders!

Roadmaster Question IMG_20120109_105936

Roadmaster Question IMG_20120109_115553

Cleaned up pretty nice for what it was. I'm happy. Thanks guys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Question   Roadmaster Question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:15 pm

It is much easier to remove the two nuts on the studs that hold the armrest mount to the seat. No fighting with the #3 phillips screws, and the plastic washers. Takes about 3 minutes.
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Question   Roadmaster Question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 pm

it's already in the car =) did it in the parking lot of the yard to have on the way home
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Question   Roadmaster Question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:24 pm

Nice mod and good find!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Question   Roadmaster Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roadmaster Question
Page 1 of 1