GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Wonderful Surprise

Go down 
+2
brokecello
81X11
6 posters
AuthorMessage

A Wonderful Surprise Empty
PostSubject: A Wonderful Surprise   A Wonderful Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:55 pm

Heard a knocking at my door and thought it was somebody selling something.Over one of my dogs fussing I heard him
introduce himself,it was Mike Lawrenz 200OZ down here on vacation with his family.they homeschool their children and are down here in Yorktown and staying in Williamsburg.Learning all about how our great country won our independence here at surrender field here in yorktown.This is such a great surprise to meet one of the guys and even though it is
44 degrees he was wearing shorts and a hooded sweatshirt.I wish he had told me he was coming and I would have
tryed to maybe show him some of the neat stuff thats not on any of the tours.Got a quick look at my wagons and had a a very short but nice visit.So far thats Mike and Glenn that I have met and hope to meet all of you someday.
Totally Surprised
Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wonderful Surprise   A Wonderful Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:58 pm

Come to Daytona in the Spring, you'll see more of us. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wonderful Surprise   A Wonderful Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Would definitely like to and bring dad too,so I wont worry about him and he can pester you guys.
Just kidding but would like to meet more of you guys.Mike made my day!
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: A Wonderful Surprise   A Wonderful Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Very cool! I've yet to meet anyone on here personally but hope to make one of the Wagonfests soon.....or find someone a rust-free whale-wagon and meet that way.

Good times!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: A Wonderful Surprise   A Wonderful Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:19 pm

Nice! Its always fun meeting a forum member in person! I always read their posts in their voices. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: A Wonderful Surprise   A Wonderful Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:25 pm

Forum Stalker!!! lol

that's cool, glad you got to meet another one of the herd.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: A Wonderful Surprise   A Wonderful Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:27 pm

Wow, that must have been a surprise! I was really glad I went to Wagon Fest Mid-Atlantic because I was able to meet so many new people I didn't normally see in NY. That's a key reason I plan to go to Wagon Fest Florida this spring. I look forward to meeting new people and seeing their wagons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wonderful Surprise   A Wonderful Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Couldnt agree with you more Chris.Mike has a quiet confident quality about him that will now come
thru is his posts stronger than it did before.Takes a remarkable amount of commitment to home
school your children and I have to respect him for that.And yes he gave his wife the credit for
doing the majority of the work with their children.Glad my back wasnt acting up because I may
not have heard him knock.My dogs sure didnt alert like they usually do.Totally unexpected
surprise,made my day.
Jim
Back to top Go down
Al H.

PostSubject: Re: A Wonderful Surprise   A Wonderful Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:36 pm

Cool.

Did he know your address or just look for an OCC and a RMW in a driveway?
So when can my wife and I come down and visit Jim?
If you don't have an extra room you can sleep in the back of one of your wagons and we'll take yours. Laughing

I've met a few people from other forums, one guy from Australia and his family that were touring the country on vacation swung through town and both of our families went out to lunch and me and him BS'd for hours. I had an Aussie accent for a few days afterwards and had a strange desire to hear the tune "Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport" constantly??
BTW, 'Roo burgers don't have a pouch with a little 'Roo burger inside of it , I asked. Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wonderful Surprise   A Wonderful Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Anytime Al, just give me a days notice so we can leave town first.All Mike did was program my
address into his GPS and the wagons did the rest.Guess thay are pretty hard to miss when your
driveway is as small as mine.Have the 2 wagons and a red Ram crewcab dually in the drive and
a covered crown vic under the carport.As I said it was a great surprise,just wish he had driven his black beauty.Maybe I could have talked him into a wheel swap,my BBS wheels for his OZ Nova's.
He sure sounded upset that he was having to drive his wagon all winter.
Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wonderful Surprise   A Wonderful Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:19 pm

brokecello wrote:
Nice! Its always fun meeting a forum member in person! I always read their posts in their voices. lol

That is a bit odd.

I don't even know what I sound like. I've been told I don't really have an accent too, so that must be REALLY weird.

All the wagon folk I've met in person have been great though. Mike, you really ought to find an excuse to come East. Smile
Back to top Go down
Al H.

PostSubject: Re: A Wonderful Surprise   A Wonderful Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Anytime Al, just give me a days notice so we can leave town first.All Mike did was program my
address into his GPS and the wagons did the rest.Guess thay are pretty hard to miss when your
driveway is as small as mine.Have the 2 wagons and a red Ram crewcab dually in the drive and
a covered crown vic under the carport.As I said it was a great surprise,just wish he had driven his black beauty.Maybe I could have talked him into a wheel swap,my BBS wheels for his OZ Nova's.
He sure sounded upset that he was having to drive his wagon all winter.
Jim

I'll be sure to let you know when were coming ahead of time Jim, if you leave we can have the house all to ourselves.
Leave the keys for the house under the mat of whatever wagon you don't take, keys for the wagon too.
Please make sure the car has a full tank of gas and that there's plenty of beer and food in the fridge. Laughing

If I used GPS to get there I'd end up on the aircraft carrier of the same name.

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: A Wonderful Surprise   A Wonderful Surprise Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:21 am

[quote="Al H
If I used GPS to get there I'd end up on the aircraft carrier of the same name.

[/quote]

It's a long drive to the bottom of the Pacific Ocean, as she was lost in the Battle of Midway.

Then again CV-10 was an Essex class carrier to carry the same name after the above happened. That one is a museum in South Carolina now.

There were a total of 5 ships commisioned with that name and if you're a geek a couple of Fedration Starships as well.

Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: A Wonderful Surprise   A Wonderful Surprise Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 11:49 pm

I just got back from Va. and Washington DC. last night, we all had lots of fun and learned a few things too.
I was nice to meet Jim after reading the thousands of post the last few years. Wink
I remembered his address from when I sent his WF New York tee shirt to him and punched into my gps. He lives like 3 minutes from the Yorktown battle field.

We all got to see the USS Truxtun, DDG 103 in port on the York river, which was kinda neat because my brother is in the U.S. Navy aboard the USS Pinckney, DDG-91. They are both Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyers. I thought it was cool to see what his boat looked like other than in pictures.

Funny thing is that Va. was colder, and Washington was colder, and had more snow than Rochester, NY. The farther north we went the warmer it was, go figure. Warmer temps and less snow equals less salt on the roads! This winter has been great so far in Rochester.

Hope to meet some of you others I haven't met yet.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Wonderful Surprise   A Wonderful Surprise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Wonderful Surprise
Page 1 of 1