GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Removing the front of the dash...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkH

MarkH

Removing the front of the dash... Empty
PostSubject: Removing the front of the dash...   Removing the front of the dash... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:06 pm

...for the first time. According to the GM Service Manual, since I'm not getting any heat, I need to remove the Electric Blend Door Actuator to see if it's bad or not. Since I've got to do that I was thinking I might as well replace the heater core as well as the stock radio since I've got the dash apart. I have a couple of questions about this:

What should I be expecting?
What should I watch out for?
Are the airbag sensors going to cause a problelm? The repair manual makes a big deal out of them. "CAUTION, WARNING etc."
Are there any special tools I might need?
Do I have to pull the steering wheel off or can I leave it alone?

thanks in advance, guys!

Mark
Back to top Go down
http://DesignsbyMarkonline.net
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Removing the front of the dash...   Removing the front of the dash... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 5:56 pm

You should be able to get a lot of the stuff off without messing with the steering wheel. Stereo for sure. Might take moving the wheel up and down a few time to manuver part out though.

Haven't gone in more then the stereo though.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Removing the front of the dash...   Removing the front of the dash... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:18 pm

There are two black covers that go under the dash. they are held by a formed pieces into squares under the dash. hard to explain, but if you look at them they are easy to figure out.

The lower dash pieces simply pull off with the GM metal push clips. They open glove box

The main fascia has two screws by the cluster and then it pop's off the same way. If you set the parking brake and put the car in low and tilt the wheel down it should come out pretty easy.

If you need to drop the column unhook the battery and as per the service manual unplug the yellow airbag wires. Pretty straight forward. Send me a PM if you want my phone contact.

Tim

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Removing the front of the dash...   Removing the front of the dash... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Remove the tilt lever when the wheel is tilted down, and it will make it easier to get the panel out.

I believe there is a screw under the fuse box cover on the driver's side as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removing the front of the dash...   Removing the front of the dash... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Removing the front of the dash...
Page 1 of 1