GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com Empty
PostSubject: Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com   Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 8:04 am

Just wanted to pass this along. Seems that with Dal out of the picture i've had trouble with parts vendors. RMS is just too slow on delivery.

So... this buyer on Amazon, AC Direct, has delivered on time and at a good price for several items for me in the past few months:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A8F3HAQ1FDLH8

Just do a search of the GM part number on Amazon and these guys usually have it. I just ordered some pigtails and hydraulics for my up-coming T56 Wagon part two. Prices were right, hopefully they deliver as quickly as they did my brakes and spark plugs...

I have no affilliation with the seller...
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com   Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 8:27 pm

Wagon Collector wrote:
Just wanted to pass this along. Seems that with Dal out of the picture i've had trouble with parts vendors...

We've got a parts guy in the Northeast. His name is Chris McCabe and he works at Banks Chevrolet in Concord, NH. 603-223-1671. He ships parts. He's a good guy. We've had him doing this for probably 6-7 years now. You can tell him you're with BADASS of NE or just the Impala club. He's building a 78 Coupe on a 95 9C1 frame right now. Smile
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com   Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 8:31 pm

good guys,. bad guys,. meh,.
who's the cheapest????

nick
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com   Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:48 am

phantom 309 wrote:
who's the cheapest????

nick

Two recent examples:

Opti Spark, AC Delco, New
RMS: $405
Summit Racing: $339.95
AC Direct @ Amazon: $324.45

AC Delco Plug Wires 718F
Summit Racing: $99.95*
RMS: $83.95
AC Direct @ Amazon: $76.29

*as an aside, Summit carries the Taylor wires that work well on our cars for $65.39
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com   Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:26 pm

Wagon Collector wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:
who's the cheapest????

nick

Two recent examples:

Opti Spark, AC Delco, New
RMS: $405
Summit Racing: $339.95
AC Direct @ Amazon: $324.45

AC Delco Plug Wires 718F
Summit Racing: $99.95*
RMS: $83.95
AC Direct @ Amazon: $76.29

*as an aside, Summit carries the Taylor wires that work well on our cars for $65.39

Thepartsladi on Ebay has a complete Delphi opti-- NEW for $260
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com   Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:53 am

Krzdimond wrote:

Thepartsladi on Ebay has a complete Delphi opti-- NEW for $260

I don't think that's the same part. It's listed as "Same as Delco blah blah blah".

Also, the epoxy plastic stuff is black instead of that beautiful putty color of the original.

Not saying it isn't a quality part, it just doesn't appear to be the same as the Delco unit.

Here's the link I'm basing all this on:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-96-97-OPTISPARK-DISTRIBUTOR-CORVETTE-CAMARO-FIREBIRD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3911Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem5ad29ea7daQQitemZ390080669658QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com   Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm

That's because the Delphi part number has supersceded the Delco. Delphi builds parts for GM as everyone already knows.

Aside form the "color" of the cap the parts of both optis are IDENTICAL.

She gets the Delcos from time to time and they are still less than $300.
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com   Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:43 pm

94Woody wrote:
That's because the Delphi part number has supersceded the Delco. Delphi builds parts for GM as everyone already knows.

Aside form the "color" of the cap the parts of both optis are IDENTICAL.

She gets the Delcos from time to time and they are still less than $300.

No problem - just wanted to provide a few prices using the exact same part numbers - apples to apples and such. I was making no editorial on the quality of the parts based on the epoxy color.

Again, just sharing a decent vendor with decent prices for you guys.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com   Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:46 am

Wagon Collector wrote:
No problem - just wanted to provide a few prices using the exact same part numbers - apples to apples and such. I was making no editorial on the quality of the parts based on the epoxy color.

Again, just sharing a decent vendor with decent prices for you guys.

As was I.

No harm, no foul.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com   Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good GM Parts Source - Amazon.com
Page 1 of 1