GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fuel Smell

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Fuel Smell Empty
PostSubject: Fuel Smell   Fuel Smell Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:41 am

My wife won tickets to see the premier of The Hunger Games in downtown Austin at the Alamo Draft House last night. This is one of those dinner while you watch a movie places, with a full bar too. Neat place.

My Dad came over to stay with our kids and we headed south to town. Happily I don't have to do that much during rush hour, because traffic was HORRIBLE and we ended up sitting in bumper-to-bumper for about 45 mins. Misty was pulling her hair out thinking we were going to be late, and I was just frustrated BEING in traffic...my office is 3 miles from my home and normally I don't have to deal with that crap, thankfully.

ANYWAY after sitting in stop and go for about 20-mins I began to smell gasoline. I thought maybe it was one of the cars around me...I was behind an old Camry and there was an older Cherokee next to us, but as traffic moved on I was still smelling it. We were in traffic about 10 more minutes...my wife said the smell went away before we got to the movie, but I thought I could still smell it.

In the parking lot I left the car running and looked under it. No leaks. Popped the hood, and did not see anything there. Car never did get hot and ran fine, so who knows? After the movie there was no traffic on the highway and I never smelled anything, so hopefully all is well.

This afternoon I'm putting the X-Cargo cargo carrier back on the roof and taking all five kids to Dallas in the car for the weekend. I'm a little leery after yesterday. Fingers are crossed!

- Mike

Oh and my fast movie review...the acting was good, but I HATED that movie. My wife, who's read the books, totally loved it. I guess it's the idea of 12-18 years old kids being picked randomly and forved to kill each other. It was just not my kind of movie....plus we were the oldest people in there by about 15 years I'd think, but it was nice to have a real "date" with my wife, without kiddos. That's RARE.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Fuel Smell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Smell   Fuel Smell Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 3:56 pm

81X11 wrote:
My wife won tickets to see the premier of The Hunger Games in downtown Austin at the Alamo Draft House last night. This is one of those dinner while you watch a movie places, with a full bar too. Neat place.

My Dad came over to stay with our kids and we headed south to town. Happily I don't have to do that much during rush hour, because traffic was HORRIBLE and we ended up sitting in bumper-to-bumper for about 45 mins. Misty was pulling her hair out thinking we were going to be late, and I was just frustrated BEING in traffic...my office is 3 miles from my home and normally I don't have to deal with that crap, thankfully.

ANYWAY after sitting in stop and go for about 20-mins I began to smell gasoline. I thought maybe it was one of the cars around me...I was behind an old Camry and there was an older Cherokee next to us, but as traffic moved on I was still smelling it. We were in traffic about 10 more minutes...my wife said the smell went away before we got to the movie, but I thought I could still smell it.

In the parking lot I left the car running and looked under it. No leaks. Popped the hood, and did not see anything there. Car never did get hot and ran fine, so who knows? After the movie there was no traffic on the highway and I never smelled anything, so hopefully all is well.

This afternoon I'm putting the X-Cargo cargo carrier back on the roof and taking all five kids to Dallas in the car for the weekend. I'm a little leery after yesterday. Fingers are crossed!

- Mike

Oh and my fast movie review...the acting was good, but I HATED that movie. My wife, who's read the books, totally loved it. I guess it's the idea of 12-18 years old kids being picked randomly and forved to kill each other. It was just not my kind of movie....plus we were the oldest people in there by about 15 years I'd think, but it was nice to have a real "date" with my wife, without kiddos. That's RARE.

Maybe she has some animosity toward kids. Some moms develop it.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Fuel Smell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Smell   Fuel Smell Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 5:04 pm

Leaking line on the top of the tank out of the fuel sender.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Fuel Smell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Smell   Fuel Smell Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 5:04 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:

confused
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Fuel Smell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Smell   Fuel Smell Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 5:46 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:

confused

She liked the movie about kids killing each other...
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Fuel Smell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Smell   Fuel Smell Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 11:13 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:

confused

My wife is kind of scary that way...
Back to top Go down

Fuel Smell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Smell   Fuel Smell Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:37 pm

Kind of scary when she's driving your wagon as well! affraid
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Fuel Smell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Smell   Fuel Smell Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:40 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:

confused

Where's a facepalm emoticon when you need one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fuel Smell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Smell   Fuel Smell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel Smell
Page 1 of 1