GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Usual rear brake shoe life

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynol

Lynol

Usual rear brake shoe life Empty
PostSubject: Usual rear brake shoe life   Usual rear brake shoe life Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:34 am

I couldn't seem to find this info anywhere, not even in the manual, but how long do the rear brake shoes usually last in our wagons under normal conditions? I haven't put more than 15,000 miles on any of my wagons, so I'm curious to know how long they might last...
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Usual rear brake shoe life   Usual rear brake shoe life Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:41 am

My original rear brake shoes on the 94 RMW are being changed today 150K.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Usual rear brake shoe life   Usual rear brake shoe life Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:21 am

they are usually so far out of adjustment they do very little,.i,d guess the fronts do 90% of the daily braking ,.normal wear if they are adjusted right, is 15001 miles,. Razz

Nick
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Usual rear brake shoe life   Usual rear brake shoe life Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:45 pm

What Nick said.

Frankly, the only time I've ever replaced rear shoes is when they get axle lube or brake fluid on them.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Usual rear brake shoe life   Usual rear brake shoe life Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:59 pm

Yeah sounds like they don't do a lot of work. I replaced the ones on my OCC because they were making noise and braking poorly, that was at about 105k, don't know if the pads were original or not. I replaced the ones on my '94 Caprice wagon because the pads were cracked in several places.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Usual rear brake shoe life   Usual rear brake shoe life Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:02 am

Okay, let's have a contest. Who has had them wear out in the fewest miles?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Usual rear brake shoe life   Usual rear brake shoe life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Usual rear brake shoe life
Page 1 of 1