GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dropping oil pan on tbi engine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WagonLover

WagonLover

Dropping oil pan on tbi engine Empty
PostSubject: Dropping oil pan on tbi engine   Dropping oil pan on tbi engine Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 1:10 pm

So my low oil level dummy light was on for the longest.. Everytime I did my oil change I forgot to buy the sensor.. So I finally did on wendsday night.. When I rebuilt my engine I remember seeing a cylinder type peice when I took it out the oil pan.. So when I pulled it out I did not see it this time.. Instant thought was F*!!!!.. I have to drop my oil pan..

Not bad at all.. Remove oil cooler lines.. Remove tranny line bracket bolted to the oil pan bolt.. Drop your Y-pipe.. And your good to drop it.. 1/4" swivel.. Best friend!.. I borrowed my buddy's cherry picker to raise the engine.. So therefor you gotta take off the top fan shroud peice.. Fairly simple..

So I have this pan down.. Take peak inside.. Nothing!.. Then it hits me.. Last oil change something clumpie came out.. And I was thinking sludge already in a fresh engine.. But it was most likely that cylinder peice..

Figured I'd share my anger story for my weekend..
Back to top Go down
https://www.photobucket.com/wagonlover
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Dropping oil pan on tbi engine   Dropping oil pan on tbi engine Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 2:16 am

Good story. We all have wasted days like that.
At least you now know what the 'clumpie' was.
Back to top Go down
WagonLover

WagonLover

PostSubject: Re: Dropping oil pan on tbi engine   Dropping oil pan on tbi engine Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 10:20 am

A 20min oil change turned into a 14hr learning experience..
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Dropping oil pan on tbi engine   Dropping oil pan on tbi engine Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:42 pm

It "builds character". At least, that's what I was told.
Back to top Go down
WagonLover

WagonLover

PostSubject: Re: Dropping oil pan on tbi engine   Dropping oil pan on tbi engine Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 8:11 pm

Sure does.. Just one more thing I know how to do to our wagons :-D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dropping oil pan on tbi engine   Dropping oil pan on tbi engine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dropping oil pan on tbi engine
Page 1 of 1