GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

after maket steering wheel

Go down 
+4
jimbeau
Fred Kiehl
lakeffect
roadmaster28
8 posters
AuthorMessage
roadmaster28

roadmaster28

after maket steering wheel  Empty
PostSubject: after maket steering wheel    after maket steering wheel  Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 8:49 pm

what kind of steering wheel can i get because the stock one is complete ****
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: after maket steering wheel    after maket steering wheel  Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 8:54 pm

I just ordered one from Forever Sharp steering wheels, alomg with GM adapter and horn button. Even had it custom engraved with the car's name on it for an extra twenty bucks.

They shipped it out today.
Back to top Go down
roadmaster28

roadmaster28

PostSubject: Re: after maket steering wheel    after maket steering wheel  Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 3:56 am

thanks man Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: after maket steering wheel    after maket steering wheel  Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 7:09 am

Of course you'll be giving up the airbag.

If you are married, the ol'windbag can not be deleted.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: after maket steering wheel    after maket steering wheel  Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:23 am

I picked up a MOMO wheel. I used an adapter from apple289 on ebay (cheapest and excellent). I also have a Nardi, and a Grant "mark emblem" horn button, but I had to make a plastic "washer" to fill the gap between the hole in the wheel, and the rim of the horn button.

You have a mod to make. There are 4 locator tabs on the inside of the column trim that you have to remove, or the trim for the adapter will bind in the column.

Be careful about stack height on the adapter, so that your reach to the stalk is comfortable. Some adapters have 5 holes (Grant), some have 5/6 (Grant/MOMO), and some have 6/6 (MOMO/Nardi). There are also wheels with larger diameter hubs...Lecara/Moto Lita for example. They also make adapters to fit the GM shaft. If you do not find your year listed, anything that fits '85 to '90, will fit. They often do not list 91 and up because of the airbag liability.

BTW, the ol'windbag can be eliminated, but it is extremely expensive, and could be hazardous to your health, and or freedom.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: after maket steering wheel    after maket steering wheel  Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 5:41 pm

Hmmm... ebay has some pretty nice deals on blemished Forever Sharp steering wheels.
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: after maket steering wheel    after maket steering wheel  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 12:01 am

after maket steering wheel  004-3
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: after maket steering wheel    after maket steering wheel  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 4:53 pm

GN1220 wrote:
after maket steering wheel  004-3

^^^^^OOOOOO!!! Das-nice!
Back to top Go down
http://DesignsbyMarkonline.net
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: after maket steering wheel    after maket steering wheel  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 4:59 pm

I have one left. For $100+ shipping I can make it any color you want. I use SEM products and that wheel was done several years ago and the dye is holding up just fine in my daily driver.
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: after maket steering wheel    after maket steering wheel  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 5:00 pm

If I had an extra $100 I didn't know what to do with, it'd totally be yours. Nice job! It looks like factory aftermarket.
Back to top Go down
http://DesignsbyMarkonline.net
Ursula

Ursula

PostSubject: Re: after maket steering wheel    after maket steering wheel  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:35 pm

GN1220 wrote:
I have one left. For $100+ shipping I can make it any color you want. I use SEM products and that wheel was done several years ago and the dye is holding up just fine in my daily driver.
any available yet still??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: after maket steering wheel    after maket steering wheel  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Check the date of the last post,thats a great deal if he still has it!
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: after maket steering wheel    after maket steering wheel  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:08 pm

I have two left as they are getting harder to find. If you want one pick the SEM color of your choice and give me the number. Then I can purchase the paint locally and get the wheel painted.
Back to top Go down
Ursula

Ursula

PostSubject: Re: after maket steering wheel    after maket steering wheel  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:31 pm

ok, I need to find SEM color..
Back to top Go down
Ursula

Ursula

PostSubject: Re: after maket steering wheel    after maket steering wheel  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:38 pm

How much to ship Carrington ND?? 58421
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: after maket steering wheel    after maket steering wheel  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 12:09 pm

Hit up Ebay lots of goodies there...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: after maket steering wheel    after maket steering wheel  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

after maket steering wheel
Page 1 of 1