GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

sedan seats

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

sedan seats Empty
PostSubject: sedan seats     sedan seats Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:45 am

will a sedan rear seat fit somehow in a wagon ??
Back to top Go down

sedan seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: sedan seats     sedan seats Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:52 am

With modification, yes.

IIRC, you have to cut down the foam on the bottom of the seat back to make it fold flat. If you don't care about that function, it's likely much easier.

Silverfox103 has Roadmaster Sedan seats in his RMW.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

sedan seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: sedan seats     sedan seats Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 7:18 am

The bottom part of the seat will snap right in. The back part of the seat can be made to work. It involves some work and bringing it to an upholsterer. You have to combine the wagon back with the sedan back. "Sting" is correct, it does not fold down all the way. I think the only time that I really need the seat folded down is when I bring my daughter back and forth to college. She has one more semester, so till that's done with I use the sedan bottom and extra wagon back that I have. It works great and folds flat.

See pictures below.

Tom C.

Last edited by silverfox103 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

sedan seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: sedan seats     sedan seats Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:00 am

thanks for the help
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

sedan seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: sedan seats     sedan seats Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:46 pm

I have had both a sedan (never finished the carpet backing) and Bonneville seats in my car. The Bonnie seat does fold flat, but does not look as nice as the Roady sedan seat. It also requires a bit of modification to the lower pieces as the mounting points are narrower in the Pontiac.
Back to top Go down

sedan seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: sedan seats     sedan seats Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:49 pm

I dream of a Bonneville rear seat... Sad The set in the car at the yard, someone had ripped the seat bottom out and bent it all to hell to lay on it in the yard. *cries*

Full red bonnies, you will be mine one day.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

sedan seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: sedan seats     sedan seats Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:54 am

The seat back (at least) changed somewhat between my 92 and my 95 wagons. The 92 folded forward and had a metal filler plate that folded on a straight hinge to fill the gap. The 95 seatback just folds straight down, so the resulting cargo floor is not as long and the much narrower gap is simply covered by a flap of carpet that is velcroed to the seatback.

I don't know how much different the cushion itself might be. Also, I had cloth seats in the 92 and the 95 has Limited seats, so I'm not even sure if this is a year difference or trim level difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

sedan seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: sedan seats     sedan seats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sedan seats
Page 1 of 1