GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

door removal -

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

door removal -  Empty
PostSubject: door removal -    door removal -  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 9:16 pm

do the wires going to the doors have a connector behind the kick panel , im getting ready to take my parts wagon apart and someone told me no , and i dont believe him , could gm have been that stupid
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

door removal -  Empty
PostSubject: Re: door removal -    door removal -  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 10:47 pm

Believe your friend, he wouldn't lie to you.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

door removal -  Empty
PostSubject: Re: door removal -    door removal -  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 10:50 pm

they were that stupid, i have to take all the door panels off, wtf
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

door removal -  Empty
PostSubject: Re: door removal -    door removal -  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 10:52 pm

If you're not saving the harness, cut the wires.
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

door removal -  Empty
PostSubject: Re: door removal -    door removal -  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 11:03 pm

i would rather save it and do it rite, someone , maybe me might need it some day
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

door removal -  Empty
PostSubject: Re: door removal -    door removal -  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:01 am

I don't recall, because it's been so long since I had the kick panel cover off. My 99 Astro has connectors in the kick panel; I would assume our wagons do too. Slip off the cover by the E-brake pedal and feel around.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

door removal -  Empty
PostSubject: Re: door removal -    door removal -  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:41 pm

You need to take off the door panels. I removed the front harness from the parts car I got from you in order to put dual front power seats in my Chevy. I untaped and pulled it all the way out on both sides where I had to cut it as it ran toward the rear of the car. That was only for the power seats.

It is a bit of a PITA to get all the connectors out but they do come out. Just be paitient and a little oil on them helped them slide through the rubber parts more easily.

Recently I bought a rear door at the JY and just cut 'em cuz, I will use the ones that are currently attached to the door I will be replacing.

As for pulling the door panels, once all the clips and screws are release push the top of the panel in toward the window glass and then up, otherwise you can screw up the door panel (voice of experience here).
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

door removal -  Empty
PostSubject: Re: door removal -    door removal -  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:39 pm

you took my wire harness ,lol
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

door removal -  Empty
PostSubject: Re: door removal -    door removal -  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:58 am

If all of the connectors are in the door, it sounds like it should be easier.
Just nurse the wiring out of the door while it's still attached, leaving the wires in the rubber boot.
Then unbolt the hinges and just let the door fall off. Done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

door removal -  Empty
PostSubject: Re: door removal -    door removal -  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

door removal -
Page 1 of 1