GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!

Go down 
+2
sherlock9c1
brokecello
6 posters
AuthorMessage
brokecello
brokecello

As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Empty
PostSubject: As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!   As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:32 pm

Well, I had to share. I did my usual lunch prowling on CL and came across an ad for a set of SS wheels with tires....for $250!!

I checked with Cara and decided to contact the seller and make a move. Went by after work and bought them! No wheel weights on the outside...inner barrels clean...all centercaps...pretty good tires (244/44/17s though..I think...) Some light curbing on the outer edges, but NO chunks. I can sand/file that down later on.

Anyhow, they will go on the OCC tomorrow night! cheers Pics to come!

As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! SS_Wheels
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!   As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:52 am

That's right. I once bought a set of rims within 10 minutes after they were posted on a forum by finding the guy's email address and paypalling him the money before anyone else could even ask.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!   As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 4:11 pm

is it tomorrow yet? I want to see pictures
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!   As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:48 pm

buickestate wrote:
is it tomorrow yet? I want to see pictures
Pics! Smile

Those tires are 245/45/17's Kinda small...but I will use them for now as the tread is still good. I just cleaned the wheels up a bit. You can see the clear coat might be shot. But I think it will be ok for now.

I did one side and it started to get dark. (I painted the calipers and drums too) When I finished the driver's side, it as too dark for a pic.

I like the look!! Now I hope Adam can hook me up with some Olds Rocket decals for the centercaps.

As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! IMG_8390_2
As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! IMG_8393

Last edited by brokecello on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!   As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:00 pm

Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!   As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:22 pm

Yeah take a trip to savanna, if you get there by midnight you should be on your way home by 2am....Robert is real good with stripping the clear coat off them rims and buffing them up.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!   As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:55 am

Lookin' great! I have a nice Caprice grille to match those Bowties. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!   As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 10:47 pm

Nice thread Robert....I might have to take a trip to Savannah to have a professional work on them!! bounce

No...I don't want a Caprice grille. Suspect
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!   As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:28 pm

did you notice the brake drum is from china Shocked

should this wagon make it to wagon fest next summer could you drive it infront of me and not behind me, please?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!   As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 7:37 am

buickestate wrote:
did you notice the brake drum is from china Shocked

should this wagon make it to wagon fest next summer could you drive it infront of me and not behind me, please?

...yeah...hey Mike...what's up with that??? Humm Suspect

The drums are newish too.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!   As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 7:58 am

Not my fault! Though it's getting increasingly hard to find components not made in china. Rolling Eyes Thankfully the rear brakes don't do most of the work.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!   As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 11:15 am

I like them Chris! Look great! I don't think they'd look good polished though... Keep them as they are!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!   As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 7:06 pm

Hey! Got a little halloween treat in the mail tonight Wink Adam made these for me and they will fit perfectly over the bowties!

As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! IMG_8419
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!   As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 7:10 pm

Mike, what do you have under the bowtie? I have a hole that I RTV'd and it didn't work
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!   As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 7:53 pm

I dunno...they are aftermarket caps though. Adam says to just put these directly over the bowtie emblems.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!   As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 8:15 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
Mike, what do you have under the bowtie? I have a hole that I RTV'd and it didn't work

Huh? Those weren't my SS wheels. Wink
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!   As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:55 pm

Do you know if Adam can make Repro chevy emblems that fit on the 9C1 center caps?
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!   As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:17 am

Yes, he absolutely can. He made some Olds Rocket ones for my Cruiser. That's how I first did business with him, great guy.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!   As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:08 pm

Got them on!! They look sweet Smile Man...those 245/45/17s are so tiny. Not liking the gap in the fenderwell. But hey....can't complain for the price I got everything for.

As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! IMG_8435
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!   As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As Fred says...when you see a deal...grab it!!
Page 1 of 1