GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

howdy from indiana

Go down 
+9
AlmostaBuick
MarkH
1phastsswagon
scoffman
Sprocket
uxwbill
jimbeau
200OZ
elmshoot
13 posters
AuthorMessage
elmshoot

howdy from indiana Empty
PostSubject: howdy from indiana   howdy from indiana Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:36 pm

Just found out about the site. I live in Brown County Indiana south of Indy about 50 miles. I have a 95 Caprice Classic Wagon been in the family since my Dad purchased it new. I got the car at 65,000 miles ow at 205,000 miles she is long in the tooth but compared to anything currently available there is no comparison. I am about to do a mini restoration on her.
What I need to fix:
1. Broken Steering wheel
need replacement been looking for 6 months
2. Transmission acting up
Trany rebuild shop has quoted me 1250+tax
3. Air Shocks, air leaking
Completely redo the suspension maybe a handling package upgrade
4. Both rear view mirrors are cracked vertically
Still haven't figured out how they cracked interesting both cracked within about 6 months of one another they are power adjustable
5. Rear window defogger inop
6. Rear window washer inop
7. Maybe a new power steering pump
8. Broken bolt on engine exhaust manifold once the engine heats up it closes up and is fine.
I don't intend to do anything about it.
I will root around here and see what solutions there are i think some of these might be common issues
so hopefully
Sparky
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

howdy from indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: howdy from indiana   howdy from indiana Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:46 pm

Hey Sparky,

Welcome.... It sounds like you have a few of the standard issues with your wagon we all have eventually. Take a stroll around the different topics posted on here, and I'm sure you'll find most everything your lookin' for, and some you weren't.

Mike
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

howdy from indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: howdy from indiana   howdy from indiana Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:46 pm

If you have any spare room in your back yard, and you're not broke, you would do well to scour Craigslist for one of the many, cheap 94-96 wagons that folks are currently almost giving away. It will give you a storehouse of extra, emergency parts. If I had a 'back forty', I would have an extra or two, because they aren't going to get any easier to find in the future.
Back to top Go down
uxwbill

uxwbill

howdy from indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: howdy from indiana   howdy from indiana Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:48 pm

Welcome to the Longroof forums. There are people here who have parts or know where to get them. Unfortunately, parts probably aren't falling off of trees after the atrocity of Cash for Clunkers came along. That your wagon has been in your family since it was new is very cool.

You're right, there really is nothing like them on the market today, which is extremely disappointing. Got any pictures of your beast?

A good place to start with repairing your car would be the GM/Helm published factory service manual if you do not already have one. They show up on eBay fairly often if you're not opposed to using their site.
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/

howdy from indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: howdy from indiana   howdy from indiana Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 9:06 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

howdy from indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: howdy from indiana   howdy from indiana Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 10:11 pm

Welcome aboard. As mentioned by Jimbeau, a couple of extras are nice to have......not that I would know, lol.
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

howdy from indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: howdy from indiana   howdy from indiana Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:48 am

Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome.

Sorry just wanted to make sure you got the message Welcome to the forum. bounce
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

howdy from indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: howdy from indiana   howdy from indiana Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:18 am

Welcome sparky
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
MarkH

MarkH

howdy from indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: howdy from indiana   howdy from indiana Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:40 pm

Yo Sparky! Where about's Indiana are ya from?! Good to see another guy from Indiana on here! WELCOME!
Back to top Go down
http://DesignsbyMarkonline.net
AlmostaBuick

AlmostaBuick

howdy from indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: howdy from indiana   howdy from indiana Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:56 pm

I had to LOL at the way the forum posted your original hello as "Howdy from India..."
Now that right there's funny, I don't care who y'all are.
Welcome to the forum.
They seem to be a pretty good bunch here, as you'll soon see.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

howdy from indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: howdy from indiana   howdy from indiana Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:38 pm

If your trans rebuild is a from a local shop, I'd make sure to get the warrantee in writing. I'm becoming more and more convinced that for anyone who travels, getting a trans from a nationwide chain like AC Delco, ATK or Jasper is a much wiser move, and these big places are getting a good handle on making longevity that you have no guarrantee of getting from a mom and pop place.
Back to top Go down

howdy from indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: howdy from indiana   howdy from indiana Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:07 am

Welcome Sparky,you found the right place if you want to learn about our wagons!
Back to top Go down
yakko

yakko

howdy from indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: howdy from indiana   howdy from indiana Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:44 pm

Welcome there Sparky!
Hey, about the broken manifold bolt. Had this and I left it for a while. The engine kept running rich on the left bank. It trashed my Catalytic converter. It's a big job but leaving it will be more problems in the future. If your broke I guess there isn't any choice. Of course with out a new transmission it won't go. Shocked

Randy
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

howdy from indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: howdy from indiana   howdy from indiana Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:58 pm

Welcome to the Forum from the coast of Oregon. We all like to see photos so get out the camera. I have driven 50s cars for years as daily drivers. My 1992 Olds Custom Cruiser is "me going modern" with a 20 year old car.
This forum had been invaluable to me. A wealth of information.
Thanks for joining in!!
COL
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

howdy from indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: howdy from indiana   howdy from indiana Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:36 am

Welcome to the forum and yes we like to see pics. Very neat that the car his been in your family. Glad you kept it and are fixing it back up.

Enjoy the forum and hope to hear your updates!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

howdy from indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: howdy from indiana   howdy from indiana Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

howdy from indiana
Page 1 of 1