GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TBI relay question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

TBI relay question Empty
PostSubject: TBI relay question   TBI relay question Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 7:13 pm

Are the relays for hazards and turn signals different? I think they are but I only seem to have 552 Wagners laying around.

I need a turn signal one...
Back to top Go down
gmtech

gmtech

TBI relay question Empty
PostSubject: Re: TBI relay question   TBI relay question Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 7:30 pm

If memory serves me correctly the only thing you may see different is the speed at which the lights flash. More bulbs on a circuit will draw more amps and will cause the "circuit breaker" to "flash" quicker and of course the opposite is also true with less bulbs.

If it has the same amount of prongs give it a whirl. I personally never had any problems using it for testing purposes. If you chose to leave it in there, the rate of the flash may be the only thing you see different, a flasher is only a circuit breaker.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

TBI relay question Empty
PostSubject: Re: TBI relay question   TBI relay question Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Same ones work. About 2 years ago I swapped a known bad one for good one when I was driving Grimace. Sold the good one with Grimace as I forgot about that, until we put Ruby back on the street and tried to use them...

Anyhoo, I gave one to my son to put in and it didn't work either. I pulled another one out right after my post and it works fine. So that's two relays in the trash tonight. Woot! Getting them extra parts outta here, lmao.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TBI relay question Empty
PostSubject: Re: TBI relay question   TBI relay question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TBI relay question
Page 1 of 1