GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tiny door panel light bulb??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Tiny door panel light bulb?? Empty
PostSubject: Tiny door panel light bulb??   Tiny door panel light bulb?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 11:57 am

There is a tiny light bulb that mounts to the door handle trim plate on the driver's side door of my 92 OCC. I'm guessing it's supposed to shine down on the window switches, mine is dead. Anyone know where I can get one of these, and what number it is?

I'm sure I can nab a few on my next salvage yard run, but if I can get one locally I'd like to replace it sooner than later.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Tiny door panel light bulb??   Tiny door panel light bulb?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:45 pm

Ha! Ha! Years ago that bulb burnt out on my car and I removed it to find a replacement. Never had any luck but I didn't really try too hard. Anyway, I recently came across the old bulb in the pull out cup holder tray and couldn't even remember exactly where the bloody thing goes back in the door panel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Tiny door panel light bulb??   Tiny door panel light bulb?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 7:07 pm

According to the FSM, it's a #37 bulb. AutoZone shows to have Sylvania 37 LL in stock. I may roll over there and see if they're correct.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Tiny door panel light bulb??   Tiny door panel light bulb?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 7:21 pm

I know my A-zone has them as I had to buy them for something.. Can't remember what. Also, wally world has them.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Tiny door panel light bulb??   Tiny door panel light bulb?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Just bought a pack and tried it out. It's correct. That's another thing that's been non-functional for years on my car mainly because I kinda forgot about it until this thread. Easy fix too... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Tiny door panel light bulb??   Tiny door panel light bulb?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 8:48 pm

There's a joke in here somewhere... How many wagon guys does it take...? Razz
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Tiny door panel light bulb??   Tiny door panel light bulb?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 8:59 pm

Sweet! Parts Store Run!
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Tiny door panel light bulb??   Tiny door panel light bulb?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:59 pm

Guess I can pick up a few sets while I am at work tomorrow. Put them in while I install my SO new door panel.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Tiny door panel light bulb??   Tiny door panel light bulb?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:34 am

It does a heart good to think of all the window switches out there that will be bathed in the warm glow of a #37 lamp once again. tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tiny door panel light bulb??   Tiny door panel light bulb?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:40 pm

Olds Weighty Eight wrote:
It does a heart good to think of all the window switches out there that will be bathed in the warm glow of a #37 lamp once again. tongue
Greg,you need to leave that wagon alone this weekend and take the wife to dinner and talk about the warm glow the same way you said it above and see what happens! cheers bom Laughing
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Tiny door panel light bulb??   Tiny door panel light bulb?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:42 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Greg,you need to leave that wagon alone this weekend and take the wife to dinner and talk about the warm glow the same way you said it above and see what happens! cheers bom Laughing

My 12th wedding anniversary was last Sunday, and we dated for 8-years before that. After 20-years together, if I talked to my wife like that, at this point she'd just laugh and tell me to take the garbage outside. Very Happy

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Tiny door panel light bulb??   Tiny door panel light bulb?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:45 pm

Oh and a big thanks for the bulb number! I stopped by Autozone and my switches are now "bathed in the warm glow of a #37 lamp" again too.

Gotta appreciate the little things!

cheers

Oh and broke the old bulb trying to pull it out of the socket, and sliced my thumb. More blood spilled in the new car. It's for sure my car now. Ha!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Tiny door panel light bulb??   Tiny door panel light bulb?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:03 pm

Flasheroo wrote:

Oh, that'd be interesting for sure considering we parted ways about two years ago. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tiny door panel light bulb??   Tiny door panel light bulb?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:04 pm

81X11 wrote:
Flasheroo wrote:

My 12th wedding anniversary was last Sunday, and we dated for 8-years before that. After 20-years together, if I talked to my wife like that, at this point she'd just laugh and tell me to take the garbage outside. Very Happy

-Mike
Wow,you dated for 8 years!Really made sure she was the one didnt you?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Tiny door panel light bulb??   Tiny door panel light bulb?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:29 pm

Flasheroo wrote:

Oh, that'd be interesting for sure considering we parted ways about two years ago. Razz

Yikes!

Freedom nice?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Tiny door panel light bulb??   Tiny door panel light bulb?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:31 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
81X11 wrote:
Flasheroo wrote:

-Mike
Wow,you dated for 8 years!Really made sure she was the one didnt you?

Yessir. We lived together for 7 of those 8 years....decided to make it legal before we started having kiddos. Smile

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Tiny door panel light bulb??   Tiny door panel light bulb?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 3:04 pm

81X11 wrote:
Flasheroo wrote:

Yikes!

Freedom nice?

Yeah, it's been pretty good. Like you we had 20 years together, only, in my case, 18 of it married.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiny door panel light bulb??   Tiny door panel light bulb?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiny door panel light bulb??
Page 1 of 1