GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Weekend Plans?

Go down 
+6
DROLDS2U
jasonlachapelle
BigBlackBeaSSt
Olds Weighty Eight
convert2diesel
81X11
10 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Weekend Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Weekend Plans?   Weekend Plans? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:37 am

So I've set aside one full day for the Olds wagon. Planning to tear into the dash to install the new stereo, will be running the CD changer wire from the dash, along the door sills and into the rear cargo box area...and have to figure out how to mount the changer itself.

While I'm back there I'm going to install the new speakers, and install the TRW-box I nabbed Wednesday in hopes of having working keyless-entry.

While the dash is apart I'm going to remove the SRS airbag light, since I plan to install an 80's-style Cutlass/442 wheel soon.

Once all that is together, I REALLY need to clean and de-grease under the hood, and want to do some paint touch-up under there, where a previous battery leaked. THEN I'd like to do add the two additional Roady sedan horns for my 4-note conversion, and I still need to do the thermostat, and it's time to change the oil and filter. I should most likely flush the cooling system while I'm under there.

I also have yet to wax the car, and NEED to do that....

Wow... I think I need more than one day......will see how far I can get...

What are ya'lls plans for the weekend? Anything good??

-Mike
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

Weekend Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Plans?   Weekend Plans? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:43 am

Don't start any vast projects, with half vast ideas. You only have so much daylight.

Very ambitious Mike. Keep up the good work.

Bill
Back to top Go down

Weekend Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Plans?   Weekend Plans? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:50 am

Never going to happen Mike,but good luck with your lofty plans!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Weekend Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Plans?   Weekend Plans? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:53 am

Got GOOD car-working weather forcasted for this weekend. We're getting our first "blue norther" here sometime tonight. It's supposed to be around 90 today (been 80's-90's since mid-Sept, saw the last 100's the first week of Sept on the trip back from NC), but the high tomorrow is only going to be 74 and the high on Sunday is only supposed to be 67! Party cloudy, light northern wind, no rain.

That's OUTSTANDING weather for Central Texas in early October. That's November weather...and I'll take it!

Will be nice to tear into the car without getting sweat in my eyes. Just wish I had some good salvage-yarding funds, because the weather would be perfect for that.

Such fun! Will see how much I can get done.

-Mike
Back to top Go down

Weekend Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Plans?   Weekend Plans? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

Weekend Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Plans?   Weekend Plans? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:11 pm

Going to spend tomorrow hanging out at George Poteet's car farm taking in all the eye candy including his 450+ MPH streamliner. He's cooking out for 600 of his closest friends. Razz

Sunday, the Memphis Classic Chevy Club (of which I belong) and the Shelby County Street Rods are having our annual Fun Run and Picnic.

So, in short, lots of cars and lots of food this weekend. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
81X11

81X11

Weekend Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Plans?   Weekend Plans? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 3:25 pm

Wow Greg sounds like a great weekend there! Have a ball sir!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Weekend Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Plans?   Weekend Plans? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:26 pm

Continue to work on the garage......

Maybe change the oil in the NOT ROD........

Tweak the exhaust, it is hitting the driveshaft on hilly turns.........

Work on the garage......
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

Weekend Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Plans?   Weekend Plans? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:33 pm

It's real Thanksgiving this weekend. Not quite sure what the plans are but they're calling for great weather so we're going to spend it outside. We'll probably hit the beach and do some landscaping. I have to burn off all my leave before heading out to the East Coast for a few months, so I'll be off for the rest of the month.
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

Weekend Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Plans?   Weekend Plans? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 11:51 pm

well i saw met Flash Gumby wednesay, delivered him a gas tank, nice guy and nice roadie, tomorrow im going to see Chazman44, bringing him a trailer hitch, and showing him my new roadie, i bought the one that got wrecked from him, then give Sprocket a call to see if hes home, sunday i get to go to my mothers wedding, that kinda fills up my weekend
Back to top Go down
chazman44

chazman44

Weekend Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Plans?   Weekend Plans? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:18 am

Mark, I'll be working in the yard before it gets steamy, (already steamy) come over when ever you want. addy is 2771 NE 2nd Ct. in case you forgot.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Weekend Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Plans?   Weekend Plans? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:34 am

Changing the oil in Jade...washing her ( drove her this week ) and putting the cover back on. Then playing a wedding late afternoon up in the mountains.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
81X11

81X11

Weekend Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Plans?   Weekend Plans? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:45 am

Stereo, speakers, and CD changer are in and sound great! Also cleaned up the new horns for the 4-note conversion. Found rust under the battery tray, so had to wire brush and paint, but will finish horns tomorrow.

Pics soon in the audio section of the radio. Fun-Fun!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

Weekend Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Plans?   Weekend Plans? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 10:14 pm

I got my new to me winter car, thanks to another forum member. My wife and I drove up to the Lewiston boarder crossing (just north of Niagara Falls), to meet up with BigWagonGuy, and get a sedan from him, and get it into the U.S.

My wife and I had some time to kill before going to the boarder so we stopped at Niagara Falls, and the Niagara whirlpool to take a look at the fall colors.
Weekend Plans? 10712008

Niagara Whirlpool. It's classified as a class VI, which is pretty strong I guess.
Weekend Plans? 10712013

After getting the car across the U.S./Canadian boarder, BigWagonGuy, and my wife and I headed back to our house to unload the car, and load up a few thing BigWagonGuy wanted from me.
Weekend Plans? 10712016

So anyway, here are some pics of the new winter car, a 1995 Chevy Caprice short roof.
It's black with a grey leather interior, 4.3l L99. Needs a little work, but it has relatively solid floors, and a solid frame so that's a win.

Weekend Plans? 10712017
Weekend Plans? 10712018
Weekend Plans? 10712019
Weekend Plans? 10712020

I've got a complete factory Impala SS exhaust that I'll probably put on, take out the carpet and shampoo it, fix the drivers window, new tie rods, ignition wires, opti (maybe), p/s lines,
radiator, and I'm sure a few other things I"ll find along the way.

Thanks again to John for hauling the car down, and his family for letting him during their Thanksgiving weekend holiday.

And to all my Canadian brothers, Happy Thanksgiving!

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Weekend Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Plans?   Weekend Plans? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:11 pm

Sorry I missed ya Dr. Olds, was down in the keys all weekend doing pirate things (eyein' wenchs, drinkin rum, and telling ghost stories to the youngins')
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

Weekend Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Plans?   Weekend Plans? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:49 pm

next time
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Weekend Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Plans?   Weekend Plans? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 11:36 pm

Man it's a real shame that someone let that Caprice sedan get to that condition. Good colors, leather, nice wheels, really nice car in general. The rust under the hood is a little scary and in general it's just such a MESS. I'm sure you can make it nice again. I know it's not a wagon but I hope you keep us in the loop on your work with it.

Really liked the Niagra Falls pics too!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

Weekend Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Plans?   Weekend Plans? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 12:08 am

got back to ocala from south florida tonite, no accidents...yippieeeee , we go to court thursday to fight the ticket, have my evidence , the front frame horn, bent sideways , i cut it off the car, and many pictures
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weekend Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Plans?   Weekend Plans? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekend Plans?
Page 1 of 1