GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!

Go down 
+13
chevy5seven
1993 Roady-man
toomanytoyz
uxwbill
roadmastercouple
phantom 309
200OZ
brokecello
sherlock9c1
buickestate
81X11
Olds Weighty Eight
BigBlackBeaSSt
17 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:08 pm

Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! IMG_20121005_1003401

Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! IMG_20121005_1003541

Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! IMG_20121005_1005131

Lesson learned!! No one was hurt, no major damage (other than my pride). Shed did not fair so well.

It looked REALLY funny when it was sticking out of the shed. Wish I had taken a picture, but I was a little flustered as you can imagine.

Sincerely,
BONEHEAD

FWIW, Lowe's was surprisingly forgiving!
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:14 pm

Doh!

Me thinks a bigger enclosure is needed to garage the wagon. tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 3:26 pm

Oh man my stomach is turning!! I know you'll fix the wagon but still, ouch.

Just glad nobody was hurt.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:27 pm

you'll have to give that wagon to some one a who's more responsible.....

I'll be there next week end .......
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:29 pm

I'll trade you a really clean Oldsmobile for it....with a wild new stereo!
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Image_20843
http://www.harborfreight.com/solid-rubber-wheel-chock-69326.html

I never took pictures of the time I backed my Caprice into the one light pole in the entire parking lot. NEVER assume anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:00 pm

I am so sorry about your beautiful wagon,Tim!Will those scratches buff out or will repainting be
needed?How far did it coast before impact and did anyone say they didnt know these wagons
came with a 6 speed?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:17 pm

buickestate wrote:
you'll have to give that wagon to some one a who's more responsible.....

I'll be there next week end .......

At least I did not have scratch's on all 4 sides like someone I know..... Shocked

sherlock9c1 wrote:
Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Image_20843
http://www.harborfreight.com/solid-rubber-wheel-chock-69326.html

I never took pictures of the time I backed my Caprice into the one light pole in the entire parking lot. NEVER assume anything.

Thats funny!!

Jim, no comments from the Lowe's folks until I started it and then two could not hold back the smiles!!!

It is going to need some serious paint work. It is scratched pretty bad and dented on the center front pretty good. Initial estimates are between $850 and $1000 in repairs. Just glad I am not on the hook for a $424 shed as well!!.

Thanks Lowe's!!!

Tim
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 8:26 pm

Whoa!!! Well...at least Lowes let you off the hook! Did the woodgrain survive?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 8:32 pm

brokecello wrote:
Whoa!!! Well...at least Lowes let you off the hook! Did the woodgrain survive?

Yes, it did not touch the wood, but it did tweak my polished trim just a little. I can fit that.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 12:18 am

Ohhh, Tim..... that looks bad, sorry brother.

Weren't you the one I traded/sold the new e-brake cables too at WF....?

Your story helped pass the time while John and I were at the customs lounge waiting to get the sedan through. John sends his condolences.

Mike
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 2:13 am

Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_lYrXfBe0kPHWSQ2yEylS2EpMmSOZ7MGqXo4MB3NKmal7W2-G

I,m glad no one was standing in the way,.you,ll get it patched up and it,ll look just as good as it did,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:16 am

Wow glad everyone's ok
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:01 am

Thanks all, she will be patched up soon.
Back to top Go down
uxwbill

uxwbill

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 11:54 pm

Aw, crap! Sad Was the wagon just coasting or under power?

Well, at least nobody was hurt. And on the upside, one meddlesome shed learned that you don't mess with station wagons! (I'm sure that if the security tape were to be reviewed, you would find that the parking brake just sorta popped off when the shed started making faces at the wagon.)
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 7:39 am

Damn Tim, that sucks. Sad Did it pop out of gear? At least it just hit the shed and not another car or something... Surprised Lowes was cool about it. That's good, at least.

Anyone need a shed? Discounted... 25% off! Lol
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 8:56 am

Yeah that sucks.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 12:12 pm

did lowes post the security video on youtube yet? scratch
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 3:59 pm

buickestate wrote:
did lowes post the security video on youtube yet? scratch

I would LOVE to see it!!
Back to top Go down
chevy5seven

chevy5seven

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:49 pm

Glad wagon wasn't damaged any worse than it was. Now then, doesn't the wagon know it will not fit in the box a SMART car came in?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:06 pm

chevy5seven wrote:
Glad wagon wasn't damaged any worse than it was. Now then, doesn't the wagon know it will not fit in the box a SMART car came in?

LOL....
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:20 pm

At what Lowe's store did you have the incident? What time? What Day?

Did you fix the parking brake yet?

Mike
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:33 pm

Paking brake works fine. The idiot driving Embarassed is the problem. It happened Friday late morning last week in Maryland.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:39 pm

Where in Maryland? Details man, details!

Glenn Beck seems to be taking after Tim! Embarassed

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/glenn-becks-suv-was-totalled-this-weekend-and-we-have-the-pictures/

Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! E1

Mike
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:33 pm

16301 Heritage Boulevard, Bowie, MD

If you google map this address is.....was the shed furthest south in the parking lot.

I am in good company......

Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Wish I had a pic of when I got ran ovelr by my Dodge shadow I was driving ran myself over and wound up in the lake......
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:28 pm

roadmastercouple wrote:
Wish I had a pic of when I got ran ovelr by my Dodge shadow I was driving ran myself over and wound up in the lake......

OK we NEED to hear more about this store. It might make me look smart again!!!!
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:41 pm

Or when I was chasing my f150 down a very steep incline the door got ripped off. Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Tell us more....
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 10:05 pm

OK Tim so it was me my brother and my wifewhen we first met. We decided to go fishing at a spot my brother knew of on a calmer part of the Susquehanna near shamokin damn. It was a nice place but after about three hours and no bites we decided to go swimming. I wanted some tunes so I decided to back the car up closer to the river as I was parked 100 feet away and the stockstereo was horrible. I sat in the car and left my left leg hang out and the door open. It was a rocky river bank and my foot got cought or something because I wound up under the car with my hand on the brake nd the rearend of it partially in water. My wife and brother just stood there in shock untill i asked them to please get this pos off me.
You feel better or should i tell you about how i sunk the ss. Bronco
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 10:50 pm

Tim, you shouldn't make fun of Brother Crovo like that! Specially since he let you drive his Caddy. Maybe he'll rethink it after this. Glad the damage is cosmetic and all are safe.....'tis but a scratch.

I move for no shed!

Or, can we call you two sheds Tim?

Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 2:05 pm

No Jon, because then I could never go back to Lowes!! Razz
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:48 am

I was getting ready to take the car in for paint last weekend and on Saturday night I got an e-mail from MTRHEAD79 that he found one. He was gracious enough to pick it up on Sunday. I got it from him yesterday and put it on for the ride home.

Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! IMG_20130328_171957_zpsfcc77b9b

Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! IMG_20130328_172002_zps25c5d597

I will switch the grilles and the hood pad today (I hope).

Thanks John!!
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:03 am

Phew......................when I first saw the title, I'm thinking, no not again.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:40 am

Hahaha, I thought someone had lost another car too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 12:27 pm

roadmastercouple wrote:
OK Tim so it was me my brother and my wifewhen we first met. We decided to go fishing at a spot my brother knew of on a calmer part of the Susquehanna near shamokin damn. It was a nice place but after about three hours and no bites we decided to go swimming. I wanted some tunes so I decided to back the car up closer to the river as I was parked 100 feet away and the stockstereo was horrible. I sat in the car and left my left leg hang out and the door open. It was a rocky river bank and my foot got cought or something because I wound up under the car with my hand on the brake nd the rearend of it partially in water. My wife and brother just stood there in shock untill i asked them to please get this pos off me.
You feel better or should i tell you about how i sunk the ss. Bronco

Remind me to never loan you my wagons! lol!
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 4:12 pm

tim, you can fit a hood in the back of a wagon
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 4:20 pm

Looks good Tim! Needs the Buick grill back for sure.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:40 pm

buickestate wrote:
tim, you can fit a hood in the back of a wagon

Not with all my work junk in it you can't!! Besides I would have missed all the goofy looks I got with the hood off in NE Philly and the sail on the top on the turnpike on the way home.

Gastt wrote:
Looks good Tim! Needs the Buick grill back for sure.

DONE!! Great to see you Tim. LMK if you want to come to Carlisle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:49 pm

Tim you looking to get rid of that SS grille? I know a guy who needs it. <_<

>_>
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Sorry Ray I am going to hold on to it for future sheds er issues for the impala SS.
Back to top Go down
BoxWagon

BoxWagon

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Its probably better that it hit that shed. It kind of acted like crumple zone and absorbed the impact a bit. If it hit the pole behind the shed that would have been bad.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 8:26 pm

You got that right. Fixed now anyway. e-brake rebuilt and working fab-a-mundo!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!   Note to self......  ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Note to self...... ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1