GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

gran touring suspension on 96 rmw

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bcb577

bcb577

gran touring suspension on 96 rmw Empty
PostSubject: gran touring suspension on 96 rmw   gran touring suspension on 96 rmw Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 7:14 pm

my 96 rmw came with the optional gran touring suspension and I'm not sure what the difference is between that and say a stock suspension from the same yr rmw? I'm pretty sure its different sway bars but not sure what els if anything was beefed up from the factory with this option?
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: gran touring suspension on 96 rmw   gran touring suspension on 96 rmw Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Nobody really knows. There seems to be a certain randomness to the application of the dash plaque.
Back to top Go down
71novaguy

PostSubject: Re: gran touring suspension on 96 rmw   gran touring suspension on 96 rmw Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 9:40 pm

didn't it come with air shocks?
Back to top Go down
bcb577

bcb577

PostSubject: Re: gran touring suspension on 96 rmw   gran touring suspension on 96 rmw Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 10:57 pm

To tell you the truth I'm not sure what kind of shocks are on it, once we get a nice day I'll have to look
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gran touring suspension on 96 rmw   gran touring suspension on 96 rmw Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 1:43 am

buickwagon wrote:
Nobody really knows. There seems to be a certain randomness to the application of the dash plaque.

Far out dude! lol!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: gran touring suspension on 96 rmw   gran touring suspension on 96 rmw Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 10:40 am

It's an open debate if the Gran Touring vrs Dynaride emblems on the dash mean anything, or if the workers at the factory just grabbed the correct color dash off the line and snapped it on, regardless of emblem.

That said, the Gran Touring package is "supposed" to be the heavier-duty suspension, with air shocks in the back. Tow-Pack cars were supposed to get the Gran Touring package, base models, the Dynaride.

On other Buicks of the same vintage, the Gran Touring package was part of the Gran Sport, or Ultra packages, but COULD be ordered as an option on most base models, and usually included aluminum wheels instead of hubcaps, and a slightly beefed-up suspension, and leather-wrapped steering wheel. How much of that made it over to the Roadmaster side, I can't tell you.

My 2-cents!

-Mike

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
bcb577

bcb577

PostSubject: Re: gran touring suspension on 96 rmw   gran touring suspension on 96 rmw Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 1:56 pm

Hmm sounds like a crap shoot, after all the snow melts here I'll look and see if it has air shocks
Back to top Go down
JaySS
Admin
JaySS

PostSubject: Re: gran touring suspension on 96 rmw   gran touring suspension on 96 rmw Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 5:08 pm

As others have said previously, the correlation of dash plaque assignments to suspension option isn't well understood.

Mike's explanation is probably the best one out there.

But the suspension configurations themselves have been discussed in detail.

This should help:

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t4220-what-exactly-does-the-towing-package-on-the-lt1s-consist-of

- J

Back to top Go down
bcb577

bcb577

PostSubject: Re: gran touring suspension on 96 rmw   gran touring suspension on 96 rmw Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 8:23 pm

jayss,thanks for the info! I'm getting ready to make it more complicated?looks like most that got the gran touring suspension,had the towing package.(i think) ,but i had someone on this site run my vin and on the option list for my vehicle was listed the f40 option.looks like after the weather breaks I've got some investigating to do,but your info as very helpful,thanks! but its very interesting how things actually worked out on the assembly line,i wonder if anyone that bought a 96 rmw paid for the gran touring suspension that didn't actually get it or got it but didn't pay for it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gran touring suspension on 96 rmw   gran touring suspension on 96 rmw Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gran touring suspension on 96 rmw
Page 1 of 1