GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Turn Signal on 95

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
elmshoot

Turn Signal on 95 Empty
PostSubject: Turn Signal on 95   Turn Signal on 95 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 9:09 pm

My turn signal on my 95CC doesn't return to off after I complete my turn. I was thinking when I had the steering wheel off I could get to it and fix the return thingy. Well with the wheel off I am not any closer. It looks like I have to remove the plastic shroud to get to the stalk. Any hints on removal to gain access to the stalk. My buddy says more than likely I will have to replace the whole unit. The turn stalk on this model has the cruise controls on the stalk as well.
Sparky
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Turn Signal on 95 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn Signal on 95   Turn Signal on 95 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 10:40 pm

All the info you need:

Turn signal spring replacement
Back to top Go down

Turn Signal on 95 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn Signal on 95   Turn Signal on 95 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:43 am

Having torn into my column, I promise you this: if I can do it (twice, even), you can do it.

Also are you sure it's not the return springs?
Back to top Go down
elmshoot

Turn Signal on 95 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn Signal on 95   Turn Signal on 95 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 1:34 am

I am happy there is a possibility that i don't have to replace everything. I will check out the link. I am still learning the forums here.
Thanks a bunch.
Sparky
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

Turn Signal on 95 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn Signal on 95   Turn Signal on 95 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 9:51 am

95 CC must be super rare Suspect

If you need to replace your turn signal switch, or any parts before it, I have a detailed DIY here:

http://badass-of-ne.forumotion.com/t3822-diy-turn-signal-switch
Back to top Go down
elmshoot

Turn Signal on 95 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn Signal on 95   Turn Signal on 95 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 10:04 am

I will be heading out in a few hours to take a look at things (once the frost is gone). As far as my car, it is a Caprice Classic I don't see any other badgeing like LS or LE on the car it does have the big engine and it will haul butt leaving rubber if I so chose. I am doing a slow freshen up on her.
Sparky
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Turn Signal on 95 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn Signal on 95   Turn Signal on 95 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:02 pm

I should have added: your problem is just the spring.
Back to top Go down
elmshoot

Turn Signal on 95 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn Signal on 95   Turn Signal on 95 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:11 pm

I have done as described above the ring is a bi**h to get off. I broke one dental tool tip getting under the ring, using a compressor would have been easier but I got it off and found the spring broken. Dealer has them in stock so I should have it fixed tomorrow some time. I figure while I am in there I would replace both springs what do you guys think?
Now all I have to do is wait for my steering wheel to get refurb and reinstall.
Sparky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Turn Signal on 95 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn Signal on 95   Turn Signal on 95 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turn Signal on 95
Page 1 of 1