GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

turn signal

Go down 
+2
Krzdimond
poppawoodie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
poppawoodie

poppawoodie

turn signal Empty
PostSubject: turn signal   turn signal Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:16 am

Ok right turn sig doesnt blink, bought a hitch had itinstalled and wired. Hooked up trailer plugged up lights and made a right and viola the right flashed, on the other hand the left which was fine was now abnormaly flashing. Unhooked trailer and left was norm flashing and right now stopped. Wth
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

turn signal Empty
PostSubject: Re: turn signal   turn signal Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 6:16 am

Did you replace the flasher relay with an electronic one, or are you still running the stock thermal one?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

turn signal Empty
PostSubject: Re: turn signal   turn signal Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 5:03 pm

bad ground somewhere,.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

turn signal Empty
PostSubject: Re: turn signal   turn signal Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 9:32 pm

Bad light bulb is the right side either front or back. The one that is good, should be lit continuously when the trailer is unhooked.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

turn signal Empty
PostSubject: Re: turn signal   turn signal Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 9:51 pm

Yep, you have a burned out bulb on the right side. Left side flashes faster with the trailer due to the increased load on the relay.
Back to top Go down
poppawoodie

poppawoodie

turn signal Empty
PostSubject: Re: turn signal   turn signal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 11:52 am

Thanks thats an easy fix guys
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

turn signal Empty
PostSubject: Re: turn signal   turn signal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 8:12 pm

If you put LED lights in the trailer lights, you will not have the fast flash rate.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

turn signal Empty
PostSubject: Re: turn signal   turn signal Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 12:14 pm

I wanted brighter lights on my 1958 Airstream so I bought some replacement LED bulbs. They are nice and bright but not everything works right.
Side lights do not work (they are still incandesant). When the lights are on the and I hit the brake the lights go out.
I did not change the flasher (where is it) to compensate for the lower current on the LEDs?
Ideas??
Dick
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

turn signal Empty
PostSubject: Re: turn signal   turn signal Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 12:16 pm

COL wrote:
I wanted brighter lights on my 1958 Airstream so I bought some replacement LED bulbs.  They are nice and bright but not everything works right.
Side lights do not work (they are still incandesant).  When the lights are on the and I hit the brake the lights go out.
I did not change the flasher (where is it) to compensate for the lower current on the LEDs?
Ideas??
Dick

When I say the lights go out I mean the tail lights on trailer.
Dick
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

turn signal Empty
PostSubject: Re: turn signal   turn signal Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 6:41 pm

The light circuit may reverse voltage when the brakes are applied. A normal LED will only work when the proper polarity is applied. There are LEDs made that have circuitry to compensate for the change. The flashers are beside the steering column on the convenience center.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

turn signal Empty
PostSubject: next step   turn signal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:49 am

So Fred,
What is the fix? Will changing the flasher work or should I forget the upgrade and put my incandesant bulbs back in the trailer?
Dick

Fred Kiehl wrote:
The light circuit may reverse voltage when the brakes are applied. A normal LED will only work when the proper polarity is applied. There are LEDs made that have circuitry to compensate for the change. The flashers are beside the steering column on the convenience center.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

turn signal Empty
PostSubject: Re: turn signal   turn signal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

turn signal
Page 1 of 1