GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear Shock Suggestions

Go down 
+3
COL
81X11
Cadet57
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

Rear Shock Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Rear Shock Suggestions   Rear Shock Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 3:27 pm

One of my 18 month old Gabriel Ultra's leaked out last night and A-Zone won't swap it so it looks like I need to buy new. I'm rather discouraged with the performance of these so I don't think I'll buy another. Any suggestions? I will be towing a bit, nothing heavy, under 1500 LBS. I don't want to bag it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Suggestions   Rear Shock Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 3:45 pm

I love my severe service shocks.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Suggestions   Rear Shock Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 4:07 pm

I'm about to put the variable-rate springs and KYB Gas-A-Justs on my OCC. Softer than the Monroe SS's but a lot better than stock!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Suggestions   Rear Shock Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:18 pm

I have 4 Bilstiens, Moog 0623 Variable rate springs and Airlift 1000 air springs with compressor. This car drives great now. I had a problem with the Airlift bags at first, one split at the seem when we were pulling our 22' trailer. Summitt Racing warenteed them, no questions. So I ordered the 0623s and put them and the new bags.

COL
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Suggestions   Rear Shock Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:20 pm

COL wrote:
I have 4 Bilstiens, Moog 0623 Variable rate springs and Airlift 1000 air springs with compressor. This car drives great now. I had a problem with the Airlift bags at first, one split at the seem when we were pulling our 22' trailer. Summitt Racing warenteed them, no questions. So I ordered the 0623s and put them and the new bags.

COL

What kind of Bilstiens? I don't want to bag.

81X11 wrote:
I'm about to put the variable-rate springs and KYB Gas-A-Justs on my OCC. Softer than the Monroe SS's but a lot better than stock!

-Mike

I may get those as thats what I bought for the front. Just realized that.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Suggestions   Rear Shock Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:37 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
COL wrote:

COL

What kind of Bilstiens? I don't want to bag.

81X11 wrote:

-Mike

I may get those as thats what I bought for the front. Just realized that.

I bought the Bilstien HD shocks. That in itself made quite a bit of diference in the ride and especially cornering. I am setting my OLDS up for the longer haul to tow the Airstream when I retire. Last month I towed it 3200 miles. I will not use the trailer now til next year but The combination should work great.
The bags may be overkill with the Variable rate springs but I like them sofar.

COL
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Suggestions   Rear Shock Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 8:00 pm

Why wouldn't the Zone take it back? They should. Lifetime warranty.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Suggestions   Rear Shock Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 2:23 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Why wouldn't the Zone take it back? They should. Lifetime warranty.

Gave me some bs about "damage". Idk what's going on there, they used to be really cool about returns and warranty claims now they're getting very stingy. Someone must have ripped them off. But now they're just loosing a customer who is in there at least twice a month. If not more.

Also, Correction, they're both leaking. What a bunch of junk these were. I'm not keen on swapping them for another set of Gabriels if they have the potential to blow out after another year.

I'm going to replace them with something else. Anyone ever install the Monroe 20802's? according to the fitment list on Rockauto, they are for all full size GM's including wagons and commercial chassis.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Suggestions   Rear Shock Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 2:49 pm

go see the manager.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Suggestions   Rear Shock Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 2:54 pm

jasonlachapelle wrote:
go see the manager.

That was the manager.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Suggestions   Rear Shock Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:18 pm

Perhaps try another Auto Zone in a neighboring town.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Suggestions   Rear Shock Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:28 pm

Olds Weighty Eight wrote:
Perhaps try another Auto Zone in a neighboring town.

Can't. Since they'd be a warranty replacement, they have to come from the store I got them.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Suggestions   Rear Shock Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:34 pm

I don't believe that's the case. Suppose you moved 2000 miles away. Would they expect you to return to the store you purchased all your lifetime warranty parts from? All warranty records are in a national database.

Matter of fact, I have an AutoZone receipt right here with a warranty statement on it:
Quote :
If a part fails during the warranty period shown on this receipt, bring the part to any AutoZone store and you will receive a replacement or refund.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Suggestions   Rear Shock Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:44 pm

Olds Weighty Eight wrote:
I don't believe that's the case. Suppose you moved 2000 miles away. Would they expect you to return to the store you purchased all your lifetime warranty parts from? All warranty records are in a national database.

Matter of fact, I have an AutoZone receipt right here with a warranty statement on it:
Quote :
If a part fails during the warranty period shown on this receipt, bring the part to any AutoZone store and you will receive a replacement or refund.

In any event. I'm not concerned about the warranty right this moment. I don't want those in my car again. What I AM concerned about is finding a good and affordable rear shock.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Suggestions   Rear Shock Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 4:17 pm

Too bad, as I really like those shocks. Yeah, they only last a couple years, but they are free replacements. Warranty is good at ANY AZ store.

Must be your charming personality. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Suggestions   Rear Shock Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 4:32 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Too bad, as I really like those shocks. Yeah, they only last a couple years, but they are free replacements. Warranty is good at ANY AZ store.

Must be your charming personality. Wink

I'll have you know, I was very nice! Laughing

Also, do they seriously only last a couple years? We really don't make things to last anymore. Rolling Eyes

Only downside to having AZ replace them is I'll have to go under the car twice. I was *hoping* to avoid that now that winter is here. Next weekend I'll be on a lift to swap the rear but after that I wont have that luxury.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Suggestions   Rear Shock Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Take it to another AZ and get your money back and apply to another brand of shock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Suggestions   Rear Shock Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Shock Suggestions
Page 1 of 1