GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread

Go down 
+3
95BRMW
BigBlackBeaSSt
Sprocket
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Empty
PostSubject: WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread   WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 1:13 pm

Starting this thread so we can keep the one Stingroo started for hotel/registration info only stuff.

Last year we had a good turn out with some long haulers making it and glad to see them on board for this year too!
That said, with a little more planning, I'd like to build on what we had last year without making it more complicated.

Show day Saturday = Roll into the track, and do our thing there. Trust me one day isn't enough, and not going to get caught up trying to plan in-show activities as they have plenty already. I'm sure we will park in the same place by the fence with the GOFASST/SOFASST crowd again and of course we'd love to have them join us for other stuff as well.

Saturday night = back by popular demand, our cookout. I'm hoping to find a volunteer with a grille that either lives nearby to bring it, or someone with one of those neato fold up George Forman Tailgate grilles. While I didn't mind rolling 200 miles with a grille on the back of my car, I got a lot of funny looks in the Speedway on Sunday with it in the infield and didn't wait for my 'lap on the track' as I didn't want to take it off or drive on the track with it (although that would be a cool photo).

Other possible activities:

Junkyard run that never happened last year (only 5 minutes from last years hotel).
Friday night cruise somewhere (have to check the cruise news website).
Sunday on the sand Photo Shoot for 'Wagons on the Beach' / beach day outing (although I know lot's of people have many miles to go)

This years Saturday night BBQ will be better. Last years was great, but with a tad more planning, I think we can out do ourselves.
By that I mean, we know we are doing it, we can plan a little better and people can bring some things like cutting boards, salad bowls and stuff like that, so we can do a full on feast. As last year we just polled those involved and made a supermarket run and divided up the bill. Plan on a similar deal this year, although I know with some advance planning we can maximize that as well (Example there is a wholesale meat place I can get stuff and pay half of supermarket price (filets vs. sirloin for the same price, lol). Fridge in the room so no worries Smile

To finish out, if anyone is coming in earlier or later, and wants to go an extra 200 miles south, I'll be happy to show you around South Florida. Likewise, if considering flying in for the event look at Fort Lauderdale or West Palm (you ride with me), Orlando (bribe me or talk to Fred K), Jacksonville (numerous peeps driving through on way south), or if you are rich Daytona (right near track but always more $$$)

Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread   WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:47 pm

Date?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread   WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 6:57 pm

March 23-24 weekend
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread   WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 8:03 pm

Someone needs to pickup one of these, grillin' in style
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoTaxoBUaQk
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread   WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:16 pm

im gonna call hotel about bringing my dogs, if its no problem, i can bring most of the supplies-if you get me a list-ill even bring a bbq on my trailer .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread   WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:00 pm

Sadly, they said no pets. I can try and contact La Quinta again. They were cool with the pets.
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread   WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:56 pm

ill find someone to watch them
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread   WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:22 pm

I"m putting you down to bring the grille then. Will contact you as we get closer to coordinate.
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread   WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:32 pm

im in, im not going to miss this
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread   WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:57 pm

Anyone mind if the wife brings her G8 and parks with us?
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread   WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:09 am

bring your van and clean some wagons
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread   WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 7:59 am

Lol, dont think i havent thought about that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread   WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 12:37 pm

Teach me the secrets of polished wheels, Robert. lol
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread   WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:04 pm

I have a grill! It isn't too mobile though.....

WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Imag1210

WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Imag1211

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread   WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 5:13 pm

Party at Rob H's place.

>_>
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread   WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:31 pm

Anyone want me to bring down detailing supplies?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread   WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:05 am

I plan on arriving around noonish on Friday. As there is no Friday show this year, anyone else coming in early? We could do one of several things

1. Go to the beach and get sand in your wagon.
WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread J_fl_daytona_beach_billboards_30568

2. Poke around the local junkyard.

3. Take a cruise up A1A to Mantazas Inlet and get a free ferry ride to the Fort out in the middle of the river (National Historic Site). About a 40 minute scenic drive through some Natural areas (I know a fun little drive). Fort Mantazas

4. Open for other suggestions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread   WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 11:19 am

I'm coming in Friday.

Probably down for a junkyard run, and pics on the beach.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread   WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 12:00 pm

I know we're getting in Friday. I hope its early enough to do either (or both) of those things as I'm leaving early Sunday, and I really don't want to miss the JY. Want to bring home some rust free goodies. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread   WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WF - FL ideas,events,etc thread
Page 1 of 1