GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

light blue interior seat swap

Go down 
+2
Fred Kiehl
94wagonss
6 posters
AuthorMessage
94wagonss

light blue interior seat swap Empty
PostSubject: light blue interior seat swap   light blue interior seat swap Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:41 pm

Are there any other GM vehicles that have the caprice light blue inteior color, that I can pull seats from?
I would like Bonnies but I think light gray is my only option.
Does RMW or OCC have the same color?
I have a straight bench (non split) and would like to convert. I don't want to spend a fortune getting custom covers.
Does any one have a stock caprice split bench?
The vinyl on my seats are new so I could put them on another bench but it might not fit the pattern.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: light blue interior seat swap   light blue interior seat swap Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 1:14 pm

Get a second passenger seat and swap the recline lever over to the other side. Worked for me until I got lucky and found bonnies in the right color.

light blue interior seat swap 379884_2769125953949_1525441401_n
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: light blue interior seat swap   light blue interior seat swap Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 1:55 pm

The Roadies have the same color interior availble if you can find one. The color is 94-96 specific. Plan on gettng the seat tracks, and if you want electric seats, the cross car harness, which includes the door harnesses. The 9C1s often have buckets that will fit, and they can be found in the blue you have. You would not have the arm rest, or center seat/belt.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: light blue interior seat swap   light blue interior seat swap Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 2:21 pm

bonnies come in blue but it is a little darker
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: light blue interior seat swap   light blue interior seat swap Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:49 pm

I have 94-96 RMW non-limited LAB leather in my 94 Caprice wagon (thanks Joel and Tom). They bolt right in, power right up, and are night and day more comfortable than stock Caprice seats!
Back to top Go down
94wagonss

PostSubject: Re: light blue interior seat swap   light blue interior seat swap Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:52 am

LAB is the color code for that light blue?
I was thinking that I would need at least a bench track and floor brackets then find some seats from a blazer or bonnie.
Other wise look for RMW seats or a caprice split in good condition.

I am actualy thinking of pulling a air conditioned seat or some thing from a newer BMW or MB since I have to weld in floor brackets anyway. I would like to go the cheap route but good used seats this old may be and issue.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: light blue interior seat swap   light blue interior seat swap Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:36 am

Keep looking. I found a set of dark maple red seats in a 93 RMS with only 35K on it. They look like new, and the center console is clean enough to eat out of it.

The northern cars tend to have seats in better condition. They are out there, you just have to make a continuous effort to find them.
Back to top Go down
vdubluv74

PostSubject: Re: light blue interior seat swap   light blue interior seat swap Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 8:29 pm

94wagonss wrote:
I was thinking that I would need at least a bench track and floor brackets then find some seats from a blazer or bonnie.

I am actualy thinking of pulling a air conditioned seat or some thing from a newer BMW or MB since I have to weld in floor brackets anyway. I would like to go the cheap route but good used seats this old may be and issue.

Not sure where you are located, but I have a full set front middle and rear out of a 93 rmw, they are blue and in really nice shape. Only thing missing is the center console, I was planning on making buckets out of them, but my plans changed.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: light blue interior seat swap   light blue interior seat swap Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 8:34 pm

vdubluv74 wrote:
94wagonss wrote:

Not sure where you are located, but I have a full set front middle and rear out of a 93 rmw, they are blue and in really nice shape. Only thing missing is the center console, I was planning on making buckets out of them, but my plans changed.

The seats you have are not the same color.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: light blue interior seat swap   light blue interior seat swap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

light blue interior seat swap
Page 1 of 1