GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon

Go down 
+2
81X11
AlmostaBuick
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AlmostaBuick

AlmostaBuick

Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon   Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 10:49 am

Progress has been slower than I had hoped, because of some other projects (work) and a knee injury.
Here is whats up so far:

Wheels before:

Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon 29nb6kk

After:

Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon 2q21mk6

[BIG thanks to Silverfox!]

Engine compartment before:

Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon Iwpy5s

Engine compartment now:

Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon 2uojg21
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon   Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 11:15 am

Nice! Coming along! That's a 403 under the hood, correct? Or is it a 350. I can tell its and Olds motor at least.

Are those Oldsmobile hubcaps?
Back to top Go down
AlmostaBuick

AlmostaBuick

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon   Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 1:00 pm

Good eye. Its a 403 Olds.
The hubcaps came from a '77 Park Avenue that Silverfox once had.
They have seen some snow and salt, but the plain Jane Buick OE wheelcovers just don't work for me.

Last edited by AlmostaBuick on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alan.r.henry1

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon   Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:03 am

Wow, what a sweet Estate Wagon! I almost got a white '90 model with the 307, they are even plushier than the Custom Cruisers. I like your wire wheel covers, I have them too, the car came with the aluminum wheels, I don't know where they went.
Back to top Go down
AlmostaBuick

AlmostaBuick

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon   Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 10:25 pm

The interior is almost perfect except for the floor.
In spite of my best efforts, I still have a small (er) water leak from the HVAC area.
As soon as I can fix the water leak from the RR door I'll install the new carpet set that has been taking up space in my living room since last August.

Last edited by AlmostaBuick on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon   Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 10:38 pm

AlmostaBuick

The wagon looks great, and the wire wheels make a big difference. I'm really glad that you could use them as I don't know what I was going to do with them.

I don't think they ever saw salt or snow as I bought that Park Ave when we were living in Washington / Oregon. When we moved back to Massachusetts then New Hampshire, I never used that car in the winter. I'm guessing they were in my cellar for 25 years.

nice job

Tom
Back to top Go down
AlmostaBuick

AlmostaBuick

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon   Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 11:33 am

Since I can't post these to the gallery, and because it's been kind of quiet here (too hot to wrench!) lately, I'll post a couple of new photos.

Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon 2r3gf91

The way way back. Notice the ashtray? this car has four. But NO cupholders.
Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon 2hxc840

Pretty soon, one by one, I'll start removing the plastic interior trim panels, removing the crumblies with a brass brush, and refinishing them. It takes a long time, but the results will look great.

Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon Qqzdwo

Last edited by AlmostaBuick on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon   Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 11:48 am

It's nice that in the late 70's GM made the effort to make the 3rd row seats match the style of the rest of the interior, at least on the Buicks.
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon   Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 11:57 am

Wow what a beautifull job and its incredible how clean you got everything under the hood car looks unbelivably immaculate love the wire wheels too. I do get a kick out of the ashtrays in the back and third seat in my 88 custom cruiser and 86 Caprice estate.
Back to top Go down
AlmostaBuick

AlmostaBuick

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon   Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:18 pm

bigbluey88 wrote:
Wow what a beautifull job and its incredible how clean you got everything under the hood car looks unbelivably immaculate love the wire wheels too.  I do get a kick out of the ashtrays in the back and third seat in my 88 custom cruiser and 86 Caprice estate.

Thanks.
The Buick was filthy inside and out when I got it.
My '87 Fieros have two seats, two ashtrays. No cupholders.
I think I only know one person who smokes cigarettes in 2013.
My, how times have changed. farao

Last edited by AlmostaBuick on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon   Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:37 pm

They sure have no cupholders in the wagons but plenty of ashtrays my moms 15 year old park ave has a lighter and ashtray in every single door love that you would never ever see that today. Walmart sells the cupholder tray that adjust depending on the cup so it don't spill with room for tapes or CDs for like nine something. Made it a rule not to drink or eat in the occ or caprice unless its water or I'm dying from dehydration:)
Back to top Go down
68GS400

68GS400

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon   Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Good looking wagon!
My '79 Buick Electra Estate wagon had 'child proof' interior. Front seats were both powered and velour covered. Middle and back row were vinyl in same color. It, too, had the 403 Olds and was a fun car to drive. Plenty of HP from that engine, not like the 307's which followed it in these wagons.
Back to top Go down
68GS400

68GS400

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon   Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 2:55 pm

Good looking wagon!
My '79 Buick Electra Estate wagon had 'child proof' interior. Front seats were both powered and velour covered. Middle and back row were vinyl in same color. It, too, had the 403 Olds and was a fun car to drive. Plenty of HP from that engine, not like the 307's which followed it in these wagons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon   Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Before and after pics of my '77 Estate Wagon
Page 1 of 1