GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Old School Steering Wheel

Go down 
+3
Gastt
toomanytoyz
1dcasr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
1dcasr

1dcasr

New Old School Steering Wheel Empty
PostSubject: New Old School Steering Wheel   New Old School Steering Wheel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:54 pm

Well after much thought I finally figured out what interior mod had to be done first. Not being able to find any dislikes on my CCW, come to find out it has been sitting in front of my face the whole time. The BIG AIRBAG steering wheel is now gone and after gathering ideas from everyone I decided to go old school. Some like the thicker wheels, some smaller, leather, wood, etc etc etc, I like the feeling of the thin plain original Caprice logo wheel. No need for a spinner knob, just a pinky finger and turn away. And another plus is that I found a dashboard behind the airbag.

[img]New Old School Steering Wheel CAM00151[/img]
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New Old School Steering Wheel   New Old School Steering Wheel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 8:14 pm

Looks good! I diggit. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Old School Steering Wheel   New Old School Steering Wheel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 8:25 pm

Looks great David,wheel looks like brand new and a perfect color match too!I have a blue leather sport wheel off a Reatta I need to put on my OCC.
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: New Old School Steering Wheel   New Old School Steering Wheel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:34 pm

Nice. I like the small wood accent on it.
Back to top Go down
1dcasr

1dcasr

PostSubject: Re: New Old School Steering Wheel   New Old School Steering Wheel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:47 pm

Thank you guys for the complements. After deciding that old school was the route to take, of course I could not find a wheel to fit my taste, not at the JY or online. Saw this one on ebay after weeks of looking and it was the gold/wood trim that really sold me on it, it had classic written all over it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Old School Steering Wheel   New Old School Steering Wheel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:19 pm

The gold ring is a perfect match to your dash and door trim,mind saying how much you paid and did you put in a resistor to keep your airbag warning light off?
Back to top Go down
1dcasr

1dcasr

PostSubject: Re: New Old School Steering Wheel   New Old School Steering Wheel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:06 pm

As for the airbag light, I pulled the wire down from column, pulled the indicator bulb and harness off the sensors up front. Maybe some overkill but I plan on keeping my CCW so i'm not worrying about any issues down the line. And I was lucky enough to get it for $30 + $10 shipping, and I messaged seller before hand about the condition he guaranteed me a 9/10 or he would refund complete price.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: New Old School Steering Wheel   New Old School Steering Wheel Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 12:08 am

After you get rid of the airbag, the interior looks a lot cleaner. The airbag has always been obstruction to viewing the instrument cluster. Having a thinner, lighter wheel makes you feel like you are in a sportier car. I think the steering wheel gives the car its character. I like the wheel.

Last edited by Fred Kiehl on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New Old School Steering Wheel   New Old School Steering Wheel Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:53 am

Looks good! I hate the bag wheels too!

Before:
New Old School Steering Wheel IMG_20121006_140256

After:
New Old School Steering Wheel 442Wheel037
Back to top Go down
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

PostSubject: Re: New Old School Steering Wheel   New Old School Steering Wheel Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Wow, what a difference
Back to top Go down
Ursula

Ursula

PostSubject: Re: New Old School Steering Wheel   New Old School Steering Wheel Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:37 pm

81X11 wrote:
Looks good!   I hate the bag wheels too!

Before:
New Old School Steering Wheel IMG_20121006_140256

After:
New Old School Steering Wheel 442Wheel037

This looks so sweet!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Old School Steering Wheel   New Old School Steering Wheel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Old School Steering Wheel
Page 1 of 1