GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

cpp vett brakes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

cpp vett brakes Empty
PostSubject: cpp vett brakes   cpp vett brakes Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 11:15 pm

has anyone been on classic performance products they have a cool spindle and vett brake set up for 2nd gen camaros. i thought the 2nd gen camaros would accept are spindles. it is a cheap way for them to get bigger brakes. if so i wonder if there new set up would work on are cars. price seams good to me $649.00. here is link and what do you guys think?
http://www.classicperform.com/C5-Spindles/C5-Spindles.htm
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com

cpp vett brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: cpp vett brakes   cpp vett brakes Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 11:43 pm

John,I called them a few weeks ago about one of their rear disc conversions and because our wagons are metric he didnt think they would work.Didnt seem interested in making any effort in trying to find out.His answer was to buy a kit and see if it will fit.Still think the kits from Summitt are the cheapest way to go for those of us with no machining skills or lathe access.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

cpp vett brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: cpp vett brakes   cpp vett brakes Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 12:02 am

i was thinking when i get new wheels going to the smaller bolt pattern so i know that would not matter. i will look at the summit kit
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

cpp vett brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: cpp vett brakes   cpp vett brakes Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 7:54 am

John, go on ISSF and shoot Bill Harper aka Navy Lifer a msg. He's the brake upgrade guru
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

cpp vett brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: cpp vett brakes   cpp vett brakes Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 4:03 pm

Guys, this isn't hard. Compare the upper and lower ball joint sizes on the 2nd gen Camaro, ask CPP what the overall knuckle height is, compare it to the B-car knuckle height, check the spindle height, and compare the location of the B-car steering arm to the CPP steering arm and that'll tell you if it will work. Lastly, see if you can get the in/out offset of the hub face and that'll tell you what rims you could use on it.

If you want to keep ABS, you may have a concern about tone ring counts. I assume the C5 bearing assemblies have tone rings? You may have to have a custom rear reluctor made and installed (now's the time!) but that would allow you to keep ABS as long as the teeth count match proportionally.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

cpp vett brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: cpp vett brakes   cpp vett brakes Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 9:30 pm

i got rid of abs that will not be a problem. i got my rebuild kit for the emergency brakes on the 9c1 rear from bill. the kore kits he sells sound great but big money. joel i will check to see if the caprice and camaro use the same ball joints. for some reason i think they do but i will check
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cpp vett brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: cpp vett brakes   cpp vett brakes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cpp vett brakes
Page 1 of 1