GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

looking for lt1 oil cooler delete adapter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
44whoo

looking for lt1 oil cooler delete adapter Empty
PostSubject: looking for lt1 oil cooler delete adapter   looking for lt1 oil cooler delete adapter Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 9:59 pm

looking to delete the troublesome oil cooler lines on my 95 rmw. I think there is a factory adaptor from a sedan that will solve my problem.anybody have one for sale?

Thanks!
Dave
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: looking for lt1 oil cooler delete adapter   looking for lt1 oil cooler delete adapter Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 10:11 pm

I would say try your local JY. Base sedans, both caprice and roady would have one. I got one and put it on my RMW with a tow pack (I don't tow) and got rid of a couple of leaks.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: looking for lt1 oil cooler delete adapter   looking for lt1 oil cooler delete adapter Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 10:30 pm

Why don't you just fix the crimps? Where's it leaking from? 99% of the time it's the crimps.
Back to top Go down
44whoo

PostSubject: Re: looking for lt1 oil cooler delete adapter   looking for lt1 oil cooler delete adapter Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 5:14 pm

I was planning to replace the hoses with 7/16 fuel /oil hose but cant find any locally.i have dorman replacements on the car for about 2 years and they are leaking already.if I can find the rubber hose I will splice it in but if I have to change the dorman part every couple of years I would rather do away with the cooler entirely.sherlock how would I go about fixing the crimps?i was thinking to slice the sleeve replace the hoses and good clamps and I should be good for a long time.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: looking for lt1 oil cooler delete adapter   looking for lt1 oil cooler delete adapter Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Use a dremel or cutoff tool and cut the crimps off, pull the old hose off, put a little flare on the ends of the metal tube, then put new hose on and a quality hose clamp and you're done.
Back to top Go down
44whoo

PostSubject: Re: looking for lt1 oil cooler delete adapter   looking for lt1 oil cooler delete adapter Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:06 pm

Sherlock, hope to try new clamps and flare tomorrow if work allows. I have sleeved clamps already hope the hose is in good shape!wish I could find the rubber hose locally but all I find is braided and don't want to spend the money on all the adapter fittings.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: looking for lt1 oil cooler delete adapter   looking for lt1 oil cooler delete adapter Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:18 pm

Pretty sure I just used an old school SBC oil filter adapter. Free at the local machine shop, they had bins full of em. Razz Screwed into the block and runs a big filter. Not sure if that clears stock manifolds/cats though?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking for lt1 oil cooler delete adapter   looking for lt1 oil cooler delete adapter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

looking for lt1 oil cooler delete adapter
Page 1 of 1