GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Moog cargo coils..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

Moog cargo coils.. Empty
PostSubject: Moog cargo coils..   Moog cargo coils.. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 6:22 pm

I plan on installing the cargo coils in my 91 Occ within the next couple weeks. But I do have a question, do I need a different shock for the rear afterwards? I have replaced all 4 shocks recently and I really don't want to do it again. From what i've been reading, most have gotten a 2-3 inch lift with them, correct?
Another thing, one reason I'm doing this is because I want to lift the car a few inches. I was thinking about using the coil spring cups up front. Ya know, the ones made for the "donks". What do you all think about those? And again, would I need to change the shocks too?
Back to top Go down

Moog cargo coils.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moog cargo coils..   Moog cargo coils.. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:23 pm

What shocks did you go with?

I have the Monroe Severe Service on my car and when I threw the CC623 cargo coils on, I was fine. I'd say, yeah, it raised the rear of the car about 2 inches or so.
Back to top Go down
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

Moog cargo coils.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moog cargo coils..   Moog cargo coils.. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:32 pm

If i remember correctly, they are Gabriels, don't remember what kinda, but they are red. lol
I think they were listed under heavy-duty on rockauto
Back to top Go down

Moog cargo coils.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moog cargo coils..   Moog cargo coils.. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:35 pm

Don't see any reason to worry, then. As long as they're not physically shorter drop shocks or anything, you're fine.

EDIT: also, good to see another person in my age group into these cars.
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

Moog cargo coils.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moog cargo coils..   Moog cargo coils.. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:00 pm

I just put a set of these in a friends RMW. Damn that rear is up in the air now.
Back to top Go down
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

Moog cargo coils.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moog cargo coils..   Moog cargo coils.. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 11:14 pm

I need the rear of this thing to be in the air, everyday when i pull into my apartment complex i have to pull in at an angle or my hitch scrapes the road. Plus, it floods where i live. And with hurricane season coming, i need to be able to get out of here if the roads get some water on them. 

Roo, right back at ya.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

Moog cargo coils.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moog cargo coils..   Moog cargo coils.. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 11:21 pm

The Moog cargo 623 springs worked great for me.  Raised the car about 1 3/4 -2".  I did it to tow my airstream trailer.  No problem now with driveways.  With or without the trailer.
Dick
Back to top Go down
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

Moog cargo coils.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moog cargo coils..   Moog cargo coils.. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:57 pm

Anyone have any input on what to use up front, for a little lift?
Back to top Go down
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

Moog cargo coils.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moog cargo coils..   Moog cargo coils.. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:46 am

Well I installed my cargo coils today, only took about 40 minutes or so. I can see a big difference. I measured and looks like I only gained a about an inch, but it looks like more than that. I did have to replace the rubber at the top of the springs, due to they fell out in pieces when the spring popped out. Overall, it was a very simple mod.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Moog cargo coils.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moog cargo coils..   Moog cargo coils.. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:49 am

Did the spring mod to both my Olds and Buick wagons. Love this mod. Just so you know the rear will settle a bit after use.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

Moog cargo coils.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moog cargo coils..   Moog cargo coils.. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 12:31 pm

Oh ok. I kind of figured it would.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moog cargo coils.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moog cargo coils..   Moog cargo coils.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moog cargo coils..
Page 1 of 1