GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

holy cargo coils - Batman

Go down 
+8
Fred Kiehl
Olds Weighty Eight
COL
buickestate
jimbeau
Sprocket
94Woody
DROLDS2U
12 posters
AuthorMessage
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

holy cargo coils - Batman Empty
PostSubject: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:50 am

well i just got home from taking my girlfriend to birthday breakfast and found a big box on the porch, moog cc623 cargo coils, bought off ebay including shipping only $38.44 , yes it was for 2 brand new ones in factory moog box... yippieeeeeeeeeee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:55 am

Wow,I am glad to be wrong and you got a hell of a deal.Awesome score,now put them in and tell us all about them!
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:58 am

i know i like them, had them in the parts roadie Sprocket bought from me a few years ago when i smashed it up, he now has them in one of his wagons
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Good price. I really like having these springs in my wagon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 6:45 pm

Just ordered a set for my wagons as well!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:01 pm

Hmm... I may have to jump on this bandwagon soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:24 pm

Better do it quick Roo!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:19 pm

They do jack the ass up a bit when empty, but they sure to ride nice with a load

holy cargo coils - Batman IMG_0486
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:44 pm

How much to buy the Cougar?
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:53 pm

I spy Scott!
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:08 pm

[quote="Sprocket"]They do jack the ass up a bit when empty, but they sure to ride nice with a load

Did you measure the difference?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:21 pm

jimbeau wrote:

A small fortune on the wedding....and a dead pig with an apple in it's mouth, lol.
I will mention, my wife is worth every penny we spent on the wedding.
My wife's Mom bought the car brand new. Single family owned.

lemmie see if I can find a pic....
holy cargo coils - Batman 101_2135
^^no cargo springs and blown out factory load levelers.

compare ride height here:
holy cargo coils - Batman Signew
BTW Mark, that's your old Buick in front of the Red one.

and here:
holy cargo coils - Batman IMG_0027

one the rear 'skirt' came up from just above the hubcap, to over the white line on the whitewall or about 2.5 - 3 inches, very noticible change.

Last edited by Sprocket on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:31 pm

I like that. I think my car's rear sits too low, and it sits crooked, so my rear springs are definitely on their way out/past their prime (control arms and shocks are brand new, so...)

Ordering....
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:29 pm

Sprocket,
Yours was really sitting low before. Mine measures 21.5" from the ground to the bottom of the wheel well. Would you mind measuring yours with new springs, unloaded? Thanks.
Dick
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:34 pm

Sprocket wrote:
jimbeau wrote:
A small fortune on the wedding....and a dead pig with an apple in it's mouth, lol
My wife's Mom bought the car brand new. Single family owned...
No, dummy. How much for ME to buy the Cougar?
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:47 pm

jimbeau wrote:
Sprocket wrote:
jimbeau wrote:
A small fortune on the wedding....and a dead pig with an apple in it's mouth, lol
My wife's Mom bought the car brand new. Single family owned...
No, dummy. How much for ME to buy the Cougar?

pig

Priceless... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:13 am

Stingroo wrote:
I like that. I think my car's rear sits too low, and it sits crooked, so my rear springs are definitely on their way out/past their prime (control arms and shocks are brand new, so...)

Ordering....

When the car is at ride heigth, loosen the ends of the control arms, bounce the car up and down a couple of times, and retighten at ride heigth. do the front as well. It should cure the crookedness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 1:06 pm

Hmm... will try that. Thanks. Nobody notices it but me, but it's annoying. lol
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 1:20 pm

The Starship has a 1 inch list, and I found out it had a bent sway bar. Replaced the sway bar and it now sits level. I also made sure I tightened all the arm mounts at ride heigth.
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 1:49 pm

is the cougar a rich sugar mama ??? lol
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 2:32 pm

It would be nice to keep this on topic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Lighten up Fred,I am sure there will be time for you to peddle something!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:22 pm

It has nothing to do with me peddling something. Just experience with the suspension.
Back to top Go down
mp775

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:50 pm

DROLDS2U wrote:
well i just got home from taking my girlfriend to birthday breakfast and found a big box on the porch, moog cc623 cargo coils, bought off ebay including shipping only $38.44 , yes it was for 2 brand new ones in factory moog box... yippieeeeeeeeeee
So it's two in the box? The listing says "Qty in Package: 1" and the seller isn't replying.
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:14 pm

yes, its 2 in the box, and they didnt reply to me either
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 3:23 pm

lol... As if you needed any more proof that they come from China.
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 10:13 am

they are in a moog box
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 4:00 pm

Moog is Chinese now.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:42 pm

Stingroo wrote:

Ordering....

run your finger inside the front spring pocket where the bottom of the front shocks are, check for a broken front spring.

Nick
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:15 pm

Has anyone ordered these and received them? I ordered last week and the tracking no. they sent me shows my order going to MA instead of NC. I sent a message to them but so far no response.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:59 pm

94X2 wrote:
Has anyone ordered these and received them? I ordered last week and the tracking no. they sent me shows my order going to MA instead of NC. I sent a message to them but so far no response.

Jon

I already got a set, but I'll take the ones headed to MA Razz Wink
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:28 pm

i have mine and now no roadie to put them in , im already shopping for another one
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:33 pm

DROLDS2U wrote:
i have mine and now no roadie to put them in , im already shopping for another one

I saw your post. That sucks.

Jon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:09 pm

Mine came monday afternoon and yes its 2 springs in a moog box as well.
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:56 am

They arrived yesterday. The tracking # I was sent still shows them out for delivery in Brockton, MA though.

Jon
Back to top Go down
mp775

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:56 am

DROLDS2U wrote:
yes, its 2 in the box, and they didnt reply to me either
I got a reply two days after the package arrived Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: holy cargo coils - Batman   holy cargo coils - Batman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

holy cargo coils - Batman
Page 1 of 1