GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stud Sizes for Battery Cable

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Stud Sizes for Battery Cable Empty
PostSubject: Stud Sizes for Battery Cable   Stud Sizes for Battery Cable Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 11:25 pm

Anybody happen to know the size of the studs on the starter/block/alternator?

It's raining here, figure someone here might know. If not I'll probably check tomorrow. I'd guess 3/8 or 1/2"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stud Sizes for Battery Cable   Stud Sizes for Battery Cable Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 11:27 pm

Think its 13mm,Ray!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stud Sizes for Battery Cable   Stud Sizes for Battery Cable Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 11:28 pm

Not the nuts, the studs themselves. For purchasing of copper lugs to make new cables.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stud Sizes for Battery Cable   Stud Sizes for Battery Cable Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 4:40 pm

FWIW, if anyone else does this...

TBI cars have 3/8" studs for everything.

Except in my case, with the Fleetwood 140 amp alt, the alternator stud for the positive cable is 5/16"

How strange. Why, GM? WHY?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stud Sizes for Battery Cable   Stud Sizes for Battery Cable Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stud Sizes for Battery Cable
Page 1 of 1