GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Perfect off the shelf match for the tan paint used w/ woodgrian wagons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynol

Lynol

Perfect off the shelf match for the tan paint used w/ woodgrian wagons Empty
PostSubject: Perfect off the shelf match for the tan paint used w/ woodgrian wagons   Perfect off the shelf match for the tan paint used w/ woodgrian wagons Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 3:39 pm

I found this at Home Depot, comes in both spray can and quart size brush on. It's Rustoleum's satin "Nutmeg" and I swear, it is a dead on match in both color and finish for the tan paint that's all around the woodgrain on our wagons. I repainted my tailgate license plate lamp bracket thingy and some peeled woodgrain around it with the spray, and I touched up tears in the woodgrain itself elsewhere on the car with the brush on stuff. It blended so well with the wood, I couldn't find half the spots later when I wanted to do a 2nd coat!
Perfect off the shelf match for the tan paint used w/ woodgrian wagons Can10
BEFORE:
Perfect off the shelf match for the tan paint used w/ woodgrian wagons Before10
AFTER:
Perfect off the shelf match for the tan paint used w/ woodgrian wagons Gate_a10

I also painted my wheels with it as well, just for the heck of it.
Perfect off the shelf match for the tan paint used w/ woodgrian wagons Wheel010
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Perfect off the shelf match for the tan paint used w/ woodgrian wagons   Perfect off the shelf match for the tan paint used w/ woodgrian wagons Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 6:12 pm

Yep. I used Nutmeg a number of years ago when I redid the trim on my wagon.

I will warn you - you better top it with clearcoat if you don't want it to fade. UV is not kind to this paint.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Perfect off the shelf match for the tan paint used w/ woodgrian wagons   Perfect off the shelf match for the tan paint used w/ woodgrian wagons Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Good to know, my piece above the license plate is looking pretty ratty.
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: Perfect off the shelf match for the tan paint used w/ woodgrian wagons   Perfect off the shelf match for the tan paint used w/ woodgrian wagons Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 11:50 pm

Looks great! Nice job on the wheels too. Curious to find the right clear coat that won't wrinkle the finish. If you clear coat it, let us know what you use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perfect off the shelf match for the tan paint used w/ woodgrian wagons   Perfect off the shelf match for the tan paint used w/ woodgrian wagons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Perfect off the shelf match for the tan paint used w/ woodgrian wagons
Page 1 of 1