GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

trip meter quit working

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

trip meter quit working Empty
PostSubject: trip meter quit working   trip meter quit working Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:49 pm

So i got in my wifes 92 this morning filled up with gas reset my trip meter and its still on 000 after 30 miles. Was wondering if a cable popped off the odometer is still rolling up tje miles but i like th etrip for gas miliage. Any helps appreciated
Mike
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: trip meter quit working   trip meter quit working Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Try "bumping" the reset button a couple of times -- maybe it's sticking?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: trip meter quit working   trip meter quit working Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 6:16 pm

There is no cable. It is a direct gear drive. There is a small motor, with a pinion that drives a crown gear. The motor is the same one as the speedo motor, and the gears are the same as well. I have a trip odo if you are interested..
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: trip meter quit working   trip meter quit working Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 8:04 am

OK thanks I got it working played with button for a while to bad I was doing it and not paying attention to the road. Hit a very small 1 lane bridge that popped it up pretty high and the front end slammed down with so much force the radiator s leaking the fan won't turn and the sway bar is bent. Don't know how bad it is but the fender door line is off at the top it closer and the bottom is ver a quarter inch. When turning its making noise and I can feel everything in the pedals
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: trip meter quit working   trip meter quit working Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 8:28 am

It looks like you are headed to a frame shop first. Next time maybe you will only play around with it when you are stopped. Fixing trivial things at the expense of major components is not a good plan. I hope you did not bend the frame. If the frame is not bent, you can straighten the body parts.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: trip meter quit working   trip meter quit working Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 11:53 am

roadmastercouple wrote:
OK thanks I got it working played with button for a while to bad I was doing it and not paying attention to the road. Hit a very small 1 lane bridge that popped it up pretty high and the front end slammed down with so much force the radiator s leaking the fan won't turn and the sway bar is bent. Don't know how bad it is but the fender door line is off at the top it closer and the bottom is ver a quarter inch. When turning its making noise and I can feel everything in the pedals
Wow, that is terrible! Do you have full coverage for your car? If you do, you could make a claim and have your insurance fix the damage. Just don't tell them what you were doing. And, if you go the insurance route, get an estimate first to see how bad it is. We've had the discussion here before that with older cars like ours, sometimes a minor fender bender can total them. Good luck, and post your estimate results here.Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: trip meter quit working   trip meter quit working Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

trip meter quit working
Page 1 of 1