GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Power Lumbar Quit Working Today

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark 96 Roady

Power Lumbar Quit Working Today Empty
PostSubject: Power Lumbar Quit Working Today   Power Lumbar Quit Working Today Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 10:49 pm

My wife and I were coming back from our first real trip in the Roady (just a short 350 mile round trip) and when I tried to adjust the driver side lumbar, I heard the compressor/motor kick in, it worked for about 10 seconds, and then stopped. Nothing. Now it even feels like what little pressure that was in there has deflated. Before I rip all that stuff apart, is there an easy, normal first place I should look? We are leaving for our Florida house in about 3 weeks (assuming it is still there) and I would really like for that to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Oh, and by the way, the car performed flawlessly. Very comfortable, and quiet on the highway. I think its sweet spot is 80 mph. It just chews up the road at 80, and feels like it could do it forever.
Back to top Go down
44whoo

PostSubject: Re: Power Lumbar Quit Working Today   Power Lumbar Quit Working Today Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:17 pm

i think there is a fuse under the seat taped up.i have a 95 rmw and the lumbar is not air but a motor with cables located on the back of the seat behind the map pocket . it turned out my motor housing is cracked so the cable will not adjust. i ended up using a folded up towel to set the lumbar to a comfortable position.

hope this helps!
dave
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Power Lumbar Quit Working Today   Power Lumbar Quit Working Today Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Thanks Dave, I was hoping someone with experience with the problem would answer. I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
44whoo

PostSubject: Re: Power Lumbar Quit Working Today   Power Lumbar Quit Working Today Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:39 pm

mark, also be careful of the clips that hold the map pocket on.they are the door panel type so be gentle when taking them out or you wont be able to reuse them. the replacements i got from the auto parts store fit loosley and the panel falls off once a month. i guess the dealer would have proper replacements.

dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Lumbar Quit Working Today   Power Lumbar Quit Working Today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power Lumbar Quit Working Today
Page 1 of 1