GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

AC Delete Pic?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bull

Bull

AC Delete Pic? Empty
PostSubject: AC Delete Pic?   AC Delete Pic? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:56 am

I'm slowly putting my wagon back together. I had all the accessories off the engine. I put the alternator/PS bracket on yesterday. I have the AC delete pulley, a small aluminum bracket, and an idler setup left to go. I spent some time playing with the position of the delete pulley and the bracket and haven't yet figured how they go. I looked online for some pics of this area of the engine bay and found one on the Impala board, but it's not the best shot.

Do any of you have a link to a photo of this area or a photo of your own?

I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually, but it can't hurt to ask for help to speed the process.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

AC Delete Pic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC Delete Pic?   AC Delete Pic? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 12:57 pm

I tried taking a picture, it comes out pretty dark to be of any use. It goes in the same spot as the AC.

Tom
Back to top Go down

AC Delete Pic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC Delete Pic?   AC Delete Pic? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 1:13 pm

I know you have a good reason for deleting the AC but I would seriously rethink this mod.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

AC Delete Pic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC Delete Pic?   AC Delete Pic? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 1:44 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
I know you have a good reason for deleting the AC but I would seriously rethink this mod.
Agreed, my Caprice Wagon had it when I bought it. That's my project for this winter / spring.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

AC Delete Pic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC Delete Pic?   AC Delete Pic? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 1:48 pm

Actually guys, this mod isn't mine; it was done under a previous owner's administration. I'm just buttoning the car back up after tearing it apart to get some things done.

I'd love to get the AC system back together at some point.
Back to top Go down

AC Delete Pic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC Delete Pic?   AC Delete Pic? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Back when I was a young man,I owned a few cars without AC.As I got older AC became a must have
option especially with my health problems.
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

AC Delete Pic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC Delete Pic?   AC Delete Pic? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:36 pm

I got it sorted out.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Turns out the bracket that I thought was somehow part of the arrangement down there is for the AIR pump that I am deleting. I punched the part number into Google and found out what it was.

While I have you guys in here, can you tell me what system this is a part of? PS of the engine, little rubber tube connected to long, semi-flexible plastic line with two 90 bends, then to a larger rubber hose which goes to a steel line on the frame rail.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

AC Delete Pic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC Delete Pic?   AC Delete Pic? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 8:59 pm

i think that is the line for charcoal canister. the canister is in pass side front of the fender
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
Sponsored content

AC Delete Pic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC Delete Pic?   AC Delete Pic? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC Delete Pic?
Page 1 of 1