GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Air shocks or bags?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AzDon

AzDon

Air shocks or bags? Empty
PostSubject: Air shocks or bags?   Air shocks or bags? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 7:43 pm

My stock leveling shocks are blown out and I have no clue if the stock compressor works or is even salvageable..... I've been considering mabe putting on a good set of shocks and adding in-the-coil airbags.... If I can make the stock compressor work, is there lines and hardware available to adapt to the bags? Would it be better to just replace the air shocks?...... I don't really haul with this wagon, but I do carry a toolbox and other assorted crap when I travel and would like to be able to maintain the proper rake....
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
sherlock9c1

Air shocks or bags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air shocks or bags?   Air shocks or bags? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 8:27 pm

You'll have a ton of work and time into getting an automatic setup working. 95wagon on the Impala forum did it.

I put Airlift air bags in my previous wagon. I just had a schrader valve at the rear of the car and aired it up whenever I had a big load. I was always at a place with air so it wasn't a big deal. Very quick, very simple, and it worked.
Back to top Go down

Air shocks or bags?
Page 1 of 1