GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bags,Springs & Bars

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jeffracer

jeffracer

Bags,Springs & Bars Empty
PostSubject: Bags,Springs & Bars   Bags,Springs & Bars Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 9:51 pm

I received the AirLift 1000 kit today and the brake controller will be here Monday. I will have access to a lift for a whole day probably mid week. I will install the AirLift bags and electric brake controller, run wire to the rear for the electric brakes and a battery charging wire for the travel trailer as well as mount a 7 pin RV connector.

Shortly after I bought my RMW I went yarding and found a 9C1. I pulled front and rear springs and front sway bar.
Since I will have the lift all day, should I remove the RMW rear springs and install the 9C1's while I am doing the AirLifts? I am unclear if the 9C1 rear springs are stiffer, have different spring rates and/or will alter the ride height. Anyone know the answer to any or all of those questions?

I was told by someone that the 9C1 sway bar is exactly the same as the stock RMW bar. If this is true I won't swap it out. If the 9C1 bar is beefier I will put it on.

I probably won't mess with the front springs now but can anyone confirm that the 9C1 front springs will raise the ride height over the stock roadies? I think Tim said they were taller. I know the way I removed the front springs from the 9C1 was not the proper method (BFH). I don't have a service manual so I don't know the correct procedure for a front spring change. Is it a major job?

Answers to any of the above questions will be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down

Bags,Springs & Bars
Page 1 of 1