GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Parting out the Tank

Go down 
+2
Cadet57
big john and the TANK
6 posters
AuthorMessage
big john and the TANK

big john and the TANK

Parting out the Tank Empty
PostSubject: Parting out the Tank   Parting out the Tank Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:37 pm

I tried to run the Tank today and believe I have finally killed it. I heard a clunk from the motor and now the starter just whines. I believe that either the starter is shot or the flywheel has broken teeth. Either way I have made the final decision to sell her for parts. The interior is complete minus the DS arm rest. It is gray and, although used, still looks fairly well. The rear seat is immaculate. All the glass is good also. The headliner also is in good shape. I will also be selling the new engine parts I just bought. Most of them have less than 500 miles of use. Body pieces would have to be picked up as I don't feel you want to pay to have large pieces shipped. The rims on it now are for sale but the 2 Firehawk tires are burnout material. I will take 350 for the set. The front tires are in good shape and have only been on the car since last summer.
So send me an email or text or phone call and let me know what you want and what you would like to pay.
Thanks and God bless.

BIG John and the Tank
315-663-6100
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Tank   Parting out the Tank Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 8:10 am

Are the front tires Firehawks as well?

Also, does the front seat look like this?
Parting out the Tank ThuMar18195411AmericaNew_York2010
Back to top Go down
big john and the TANK

big john and the TANK

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Tank   Parting out the Tank Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 5:57 pm

The front tires are not Firehawks but are new this summer. The seats do not look the same as the ones pictured. Craigslist-Syracuse has about 10 pics. I am going to be removing the rims on Sunday and putting the stock ones back on. Let me know soon if you want them. I will not post them locally until I hear from you. Thanks for the interest.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Tank   Parting out the Tank Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 6:28 pm

All set thanks. Was looking for some backup Firehawks.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Tank   Parting out the Tank Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 8:09 pm

Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Tank   Parting out the Tank Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 12:13 pm

how much for the air breather?
Back to top Go down
big john and the TANK

big john and the TANK

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Tank   Parting out the Tank Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 6:33 pm

I have removed the Torque Thrust wheels from the Tank so those are ready to go to whoever is interested. I am leaning towards taking as much off of her and then advertising it as a demo derby car. All this is contingent on how much I do or don't sell off of her. I will be removing the whole interior once we get out of this arctic chill. The engine parts I installed are available too so just ask. Most of the parts I installed have less than 500 mile on them. The new fuel pump has only about 100 mile on it. It's the one that NAPA sells. Just let me know what you need.
Back to top Go down
firefighter1140

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Tank   Parting out the Tank Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 11:52 pm

how much would you take for the windshield washer reservoir
Back to top Go down
piranah

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Tank   Parting out the Tank Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 10:56 am

ill take the center arm rest when you get the interior pulled
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Tank   Parting out the Tank Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parting out the Tank
Page 1 of 1