GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Review of my Wagon and seeking advice

Go down 
+5
toomanytoyz
Krzdimond
jayoldschool
phastlt1
DBeaSSt
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Empty
PostSubject: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 8:40 am

Alright, so after finally bringing it back up to Jacksonville, I can say that I am in love with this car. However, it has a few quirks that I think I want to iron out first.

1. The passenger rear door power lock doesn't work. Dad suggests that this is or could be a door lock actuator.

2. My windows go up and down reeeeeeeeeally slowly. Would a bit of petroleum jelly on the tracks be good? Or do these cars have the window roller problem too, and would it be easier to just replace those?

3. Well... there really isn't a third problem. I took the car in, got an oil and filter change with some high mileage castrol GTX and off I went. It drives like a dream, air suspension still works, and I managed about 19mpg combined. I bet this car has another 200k+ miles in it. It's in great shape. It rolled over to 103k miles last Thursday. I've put about 400 miles on it this week, and I can't wait to do more. Very Happy

I am in wagon love. <3 bounce
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:17 am

Sounds like just minor issues, that's great to hear.

Will the rear door lock/unlock manually? If so, your Dad is probably right. Could just be unplugged too though that's unusual.

Slow windows aren't usually an indication of the roller problem. However, yes, they do have the same issues all the b-bodies share. If you're in there to work on the door lock, may as well put some grease on the rails, certainly won't hurt. If it doesn't have rollers, do them while your panel is off, it'll save you doing it again later. Wink Back to your problem though. If lubrication doesn't help you may have a power window motor going bad on ya.

200K on these wagons is just broken in. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

PostSubject: Re: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:24 am

Cool. Yeah, the lock does work manually, so the actuator is probably the culprit?

And no no, I mean ANOTHER 200k. I can see this thing going to 300+. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
phastlt1

PostSubject: Re: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:26 am

Glad you're overall pleased with your wagon. As far as speed of your windows, it probably is a lubrication issue, as I can't imagine all of the window motors getting weak at the same time. I thought I had a weak motor on my drivers door on my honda wagon. I drowned the track and regulator with Jig-A-Loo, along with the rubber seals on the window channel, and it now operates as if I installed a new motor.

My first wagon, a '92, had over 193k miles on her, when I replaced the motor/trans. It still ran and drove fine, I just happend to have a rear-ended '93 9c1 and time on my hands, so I made a 1A2 clone. I sold it with 210k miles on it, that was 6 years ago. Last week, I seen it driving down the road, but it had many more dents, lol....My point, at 103k, your's will be running 'till there's no gasoline left on this planet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:03 pm

I think my gas gauge has a problem too, like maybe it isn't calibrated for the size of the tank or whatever.

I had 1/4 tank, so I stopped and put $40 in. When I got back in the car, the needle was above the F, like, way above. I just got here on campus, which was 84 miles from where I filled up, and the needle is JUST NOW starting to get to the F line.

Any insight?
Back to top Go down
phastlt1

PostSubject: Re: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:06 pm

Mine stays on full forever. When I bought mine, it was on E. I filled it up for $45 (at 2.67/gal). I drove it home at 80+ mph for 150 miles, and used just under 1/4 tank. Once it gets off of F, it goes quickly. Every B-Body I've had has been that way though....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:12 pm

Yeah, because I was cruising at 75-80 the whole way, and it's JUST now getting to the F.

So I shouldn't be worried?
Back to top Go down
phastlt1

PostSubject: Re: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:25 pm

I wouldn't be worried. Just don't let it get below 1/4. B-Body cars are notorious for inaccurate fuel gauges to some extent.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:43 pm

Right of F: Full
F: 3/4
3/4: 1/2
1/2: 1/4
1/4: find a gas station
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:47 pm

The fix is Here:
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 8:16 pm

Gas gauge? Can't remember the last time I looked at mine. In ANY of my cars. I have a trip meter. 300 miles and its time to find a station. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:15 pm

I own five and all of gas gauges are what Jay describes. Look at the 1/4 mark as the red warning light. Especially in a TBI car like yours.

Our tanks have less baffles than an LT1 car so when you hit a 1/4 and slam a corner you WILL fuel starve. I'm so used to it I can shift to N, crank it, and drop back into gear and only lose a couple of miles per hour, lol. Never have that problem on the LT1 car though.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:17 pm

h yeah, hope you can make the drive to Daytona next Saturday. You REALLY should go, it's alot of fun and uou'll see a few rides from the forum there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:42 pm

I don't think it's in the budget, unfortunately. I want to though. Sad
Back to top Go down
TylerW

PostSubject: Re: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:03 pm

This is interesting, because mine does the way past full thing, but it's never starved or ran out of gas even very near the E mark.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:14 am

My 92 goes way past F, but E means E also, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:09 am

Yeah, I got below 1/4 and I didn't feel any slowdown or anything. I think I'm going to invest in a gas can, just in case.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:23 am

Many a B-body owner has been stranded while thinking "I'm all set for another 50 miles easy. I still have a quarter tank!"

I got my car home running great, then when I went to go start it a couple days later, it wouldn't stay running. I called my brother and got laughed at when I proclaimed, "NO it's not out of gas. I drove it to where it sets and I already checked that and it's still got a quarter tank."

He was right. Right where it sat in my backyard, if I hadn't shut it off, it wouldda died within seconds anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:20 am

TylerW wrote:
This is interesting, because mine does the way past full thing, but it's never starved or ran out of gas even very near the E mark.
you aren't turning fast enough then Shocked

Stingroo wrote:
I don't think it's in the budget, unfortunately. I want to though. Sad

I recall college and how tight $$ is. It's an hour away and if you are stoked on your car now, spend an afternoon on the infield and get really pumped about it. If you make it, I'll give ya 20bucks for gas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:24 am

I'll see what I can do. I do reeeeeeeeeeeally want to go. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review of my Wagon and seeking advice   Review of my Wagon and seeking advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review of my Wagon and seeking advice
Page 1 of 1