GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)

Go down 
+8
buickestate
Sprocket
toomanytoyz
phantom 309
IMPALADAKID
lakeffect
jayoldschool
Bewber
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bewber

Bewber

Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Empty
PostSubject: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:59 am

This here is my 100th post on this here wagon kook support group, and I'd like to use this space to thank all those happening folks who've made this place happen for making this space in this place happen.

Now, on with your regularly scheduled programming.

Friends, Canadians, Countrymen! LEND ME YOUR EARS!

My wife has left me. She's gone. She packed up the kids and went to Florida for TWO weeks, and I'd like to take this opportunity to neglect some of my schoolwork and make a few unnecessary changes to the wagon to make it a little more like an old school surfer wagon.

Most people hear "surf wagon" and they think of some cliche Beach Boys wimpo lyrics about "lets all go party - everybody go surfing with me" and they envision people dancing badly around flat chested women in polka dotted bikinis and beehive hairdooze doing the limbo at the beach in front of a thriving lemonade stand, or whatever. Well, I want that kind of car, but the truth is that don't like lemonade, sand, or beehive hairdooze - and I think it's fairly well documented that I ESPECIALLY don't care much for flat chests. Doing my wagon like a surfer car is a total poser move - but I'm fine with that. I'm actually a water-hating, one-man-wolfpack typa guy in Flint Michigan who will NEVAR actually surf (EVAR), so you can understand why I'd also want the car to look like it's got a little chip on it's shoulder at the same time.

For the sake of review and beginning at the beginning - the blank canvas I'm painting in your head is a plain jane 1995 white caprice woody wagon.

The overall conversion/violation gameplan is to utilize the base list of standard surf wagon requirements - the red rallye wheels with chrome centers, fat whitewalls, a slight rake, and of course, a surfboard on the roof.

But to make it a little more representitave of it's "poser" owner - I'm also gonna do a bolt on 1-2" hood scoop/cowl/thing, mebby radius the rear wheelwells just to get even with my brother and piss him off, and paint the grill surround and mirrors body color - and of course - the chromed skull hood adornament from the Patmaster. It's already got flowmasters and resonators deleted - but I think I'm gonna ditch the tailpipes and just throw on a set of turndowns in hopes of making children cry and women on their cell phones have to "call back later" when next to me.

Now - here's the part where I'd like your thoughts ....... I want to do "something" to/with the paint. Alot of surf wagons have scallops, but I'm a DEVOUT flames guy. (Flames resume: 3/4ths of my tattoos have flames that I designed myself and I named my first born "Blaze" - so please don't think for a second that you're going to convert me to any other religeon.) Having a woody - there's not alot of body color to work with on the sides of the car above the wood, so I'm thinking to flame just the hood and roof. I'm normally NOT an advocate of solid, one colored flame graphics, but I think this may be a decent case for it where it could actually work fairly well since the typical 50's "theme appropriate" flame jobs are the ole yellow-to orange-to red with very poor blending styles - and quite honestly I think they suck. Hard. I'm thinking to flame the hood and roof with solid red, then have the surfboard be red with solid white flames - then MAYBE concede and do a small red scallopy flames deal on the body below the wood.

I know that red is thought to be played out because so many people have done it wrong, but in this "correct" application - that's the only color I'm feeling on the wheels and I figure the fire should be the same color as the wheels to tie it together.

Guys, I'm not even fully sure if this thing looks cool in my head yet, but I'm getting closer and I'm PRETTY sure. So far, I'm mentally in - but I probably won't be able to start until around Wednesday at the soonest - which leaves plenty of time for discussion, debate, insults, hurt feelings, and agonizing nights of lost sleep.

Your thoughts?
Ideas?
Suggestions?
Love it?
Hate it?
U mad?

Thanks!

Yore pal,
John
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:39 am

How about stopping the wood on the front doors? Like on old woodies. The wood didn't go on the fenders. Use spare trim to frame out the wood on the front edge of the door, de-wood the fenders, then BAM, hit the flames/scallops (I like flames). Flame the hood and fenders. Not the roof! Solid flames will look like ass. If you want solid, go scallops. A woody surf wagon is screaming for traditional, old-school white to yellow to orange to red pinstriped licks. You will like them once they are done right...

Don't forget cool pinstriping, too!

Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) 1948-woodie

Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) 1952-woodie-01-01

Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) 1950-Plymouth-Woodie-009
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:30 pm

I think Jay has it right about stopping the wood at the front door. I'm kind if digging the windshield visor in photo #1 as well. The lack of wooded front fenders would give you a greater canvas to work with for flames. Key is finding a way to get that leading edge vetical wood going. Maybe strip a donor car at the junk yard to get the egding you'd need.

I'm not so traditional in liking the solid, no blend between colors flames. I tend to like the transition of the blending. But if you are going solid colors with sharp edge definition, I like four color, staring at the front and center as white. As you go away from the front and the center line, then yellow, orange, red with pinstriped edges
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:17 pm

This can't end well....... Or can it? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:45 pm

Good thoughts on stopping the wood before the fenders for all the reasons you guys mentioned. I think the IDEA of doing that is strong, but the applicaiton of that idea may not work as well on our wagons. If I saw that - even EYE wouldn't think it was done on purpose by someone who was trying to be theme correct.

I think it would look way too much like somebody smacked the nose of their woody car and fixed it themselves with a sedan front clip. I'm also not one who really cares for flames that are that short. To me, if you have your car flamed (ideally) there should be flames at least into the door - especially if it's as long of a car as ours.

I'm almost afraid to admit knowing this and then not doing it anyway, but I'm pretty sure that the BEST way for the single color gloss red flames to work is to shoot the rest of the car satin red below it. I'd tape them out now, shoot everything red, dash a little orange to some of the flame tips, then fade in some gloss over the flames. Then when I pull the tape - I'd have the satin body, gloss red flames with orange tips faded in, and they'd already be pinstripped in white.

Yay?

Nay?

Wanna halp?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 6:52 pm

I think that you are going to have a lot of explainin to do.Great idea guys but you forgot to drastically increase the thickness of the framework top and bottom and you must enclose the woodgrain from top to bottom at the leading edge of the front door and the line on the rear quarter ahead of the tailight also from top to the bottom edge of the woodgrain.The thickness of the front and rear framework has to match the thickness of the top and bottom framework.Hope that sounds the way it looks in my mind.
Please work in progress pics and hope your wife doesnt check this forum.
Flasheroo
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:08 pm

Time for some Photochops...
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Lamb-chops_~039972

Nick
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:49 pm

I laughed. I cried. I even got angry. Wink

Stay away from the solid flames. Boo.

I say... *gasp* to do your rim mods and maybe body mods and leave the body all white and see how it looks before you figure out the flames, or if they're necessary.

Don't forget the moon stickers in the vent windows. Wink

And for Gawd SAKES.... LEAVE THE effin wheelwells ALONE!!!!!!! cherry
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:32 pm

uh-oh, I wondered what Pat was doing in Flint calling me......let's hope it still has a roof on it by Monday....
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:01 pm

Flash - Wife doesn't check this forum. She's a wagon hater. She also took all the cameras with her - so progress pix would be a difficult PITA - and for the most part - underwhelming.

C'mawn Bill - Boo? Pfffft - have a little faith that I'll do the right thing, except for the skirts. The car is a turd and I'm a skirt hater - it just makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:07 pm

Sprocket wrote:
uh-oh, I wondered what Pat was doing in Flint calling me......let's hope it still has a roof on it by Monday....

Haha - It's keeping the roof dude. I'm not going to get much done on it before Tuesday night at the soonest anyway.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:58 pm

yeah it's keeping the roof but that don't mean it's attatched to the wagon anymore
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:04 pm

Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:19 pm

Sprocket wrote:

Not mine
Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) DSC01230

Mine, All mine! Ha ha can you say white walls out!
Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) IMG_1706

Mr Jacobbs will be please....
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:22 pm

And a huge THANK YOU to the Patmaster for fabricating and delivering the first accessory to the project - and the fat hippy in the "Stone Cold Steve Austin 100% Whoop Ass" shirt in the video is right - that thing IS bitchin!
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:01 am

photoshop of wood stopping at fenders...

Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Oldstylewoody
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:22 pm

I kinda like the "short wood".... Wink
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:52 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
I kinda like the "short wood".... Wink

.... to be followed by the obligatory "That's what SHE said".

I'm just not feelin it.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:25 pm

Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Oldstylewoody

Suspect No No No
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:33 pm

..yeah...I dunno about the short wood. Looks like you wrecked the front end or something. You could just get rid of the belt line trim and replace it with boards.

Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Excuse_me
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:37 pm

What if only the 2 side doors had wood? Just seems like you have to do something with the huge expanse of quarter panel to make it work with a woodless fender? Dunno....

Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Hummerwood
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:15 am

brokecello wrote:
What if

Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Hummerwood

I could have gone my whole life with out ever thinking about what you just showed me Shocked

(where is the barfing emoticon?)
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:05 am

Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) 51ford_chase%5B1%5D

Don't forget the stickers on the back windows.

Rat Fink Surf Sticker

Surf Shop sticker
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:23 am

And the obligatory stop at your nearest Ron Jon Surf Shop.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:11 am

rh96ss wrote:
Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) 51ford_chase%5B1%5D

Don't forget the stickers on the back windows.

Rat Fink Surf Sticker

Surf Shop sticker

Ah! Now if you did the front end like that...flames...or something....it might work. I can see that. (and the stickers)
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:30 am

This is exactly what I was talking about. Flames need to start lighter, though. I am liking those visors. Wonder if you could get one to wok on a B?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:52 am

Can't say I like d the photo shop version of how the wood ended. Too abrupt with no leading edge like on the pic from RH 96ss. Needs that vertical bar, otherwise it sucks.

Digging the visor and flames too! Gotta have surf and beach stickers. Make your own Like maybe one that says Surf's Up on Hudson Bay, a few with glaciers, and any place north of the Arctic Circle! Don't forget your Polar Bear Club sticker!

(Can't really expect a Canadian surf due to have California sticker's now, can we? )
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:24 pm

The short wood doesn't work on our cars because the wood we have is like a huge friggin stripe on the side of the car. If you look at the old rides that stop the wood (which is real wood) at the front fenders - the wood isn't something on the side of the car, it IS the side of the car.

The problem with doing a 2-3 color flame on the front of a 95 woody wagon is figuring out where to start them from. You can't curve it up at the wheel well like the old woody above..... you can't make it look right if you're into the front bumper - since that wraps around the side below the wood, etc.

I still see it working decently enough to fade in red flames onto the white hood - then cut in white flames on a red roof (opposite of the hood), with the surfboard being white with red flames (like the hood and opposite of the roof that it's on.

I also know that when most people not named Jarrod say they'd like to try doing their own flames - everyone assumes they'll probably look like total ass, and be right.

I'm not saying that I'm against touching a couple tips with orange, or blue, or silver, or that I'm against having them pinstriped in a color TBD - just that I know how I have them visualized and I can't see lots of room for fading in other colors.

I have a feeling that the finished car will turn out to look quite a bit like the version in my head and still be WAY different than what you guys have in your heads.

Either way though - I'm DIGGING all the suggestions.

Anybody have any thoughts on WTF to do with the dang grille mesh? Do I leave it chrome, paint it black, paint it red (say no), paint it body color too, or what?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:32 pm

no.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:30 pm

Grille stays chrome.

Ok, I have another photochop request. After seeing the version by Chugg, I think the wood needs to go down to the rockers on the doors.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:49 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
no.

Don't you have some rear wheel arches to radius?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:49 pm

NOOOO! affraid
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:55 pm

Bewber wrote:
The short wood doesn't work on our cars because the wood we have is like a huge friggin stripe on the side of the car. If you look at the old rides that stop the wood (which is real wood) at the front fenders - the wood isn't something on the side of the car, it IS the side of the car.

The problem with doing a 2-3 color flame on the front of a 95 woody wagon is figuring out where to start them from. You can't curve it up at the wheel well like the old woody above..... you can't make it look right if you're into the front bumper - since that wraps around the side below the wood, etc.

I still see it working decently enough to fade in red flames onto the white hood - then cut in white flames on a red roof (opposite of the hood), with the surfboard being white with red flames (like the hood and opposite of the roof that it's on.

I also know that when most people not named Jarrod say they'd like to try doing their own flames - everyone assumes they'll probably look like total ass, and be right.

I'm not saying that I'm against touching a couple tips with orange, or blue, or silver, or that I'm against having them pinstriped in a color TBD - just that I know how I have them visualized and I can't see lots of room for fading in other colors.

I have a feeling that the finished car will turn out to look quite a bit like the version in my head and still be WAY different than what you guys have in your heads.

Either way though - I'm DIGGING all the suggestions.

Anybody have any thoughts on WTF to do with the dang grille mesh? Do I leave it chrome, paint it black, paint it red (say no), paint it body color too, or what?

Now why would you ask for idea's when everyone elses's idea's aren't your idea's,. and its your idea's your gonna go with any way,. get the idea?

Nick
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:04 pm

No, I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:47 pm

It's called brainstorming Nick. Ya never know what sparks will fizzle, and what other ones will light the fire.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:20 pm

Bewber wrote:
It's called brainstorming Nick. Ya never know what sparks will fizzle, and what other ones will light the fire.

well it might also be called post whoring,. Wink or yer just lonely,. Crying or Very sad
could be the sparks are fizzling cos you're peeing on the fire?? What a Face

Nick
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:35 am

Well guys.....

After standing out there staring at the front corner of my car for a long time - I have a couple ideas going on. One is to ditch the flames idea and go with scallops - and another is to combine the two.

I doodled up a "hood" on paper with the halves done each way and it was a draw. Going without wouldn't hurt too bad since I'd still flame the surfboard and get my fix that way. Ultimately I'll have to tape it out and see.

And if you're not hip to what scallops are and why I think they'd work so well - I present to you exhibit A.

Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Img_1610

Thanks again guys.

Your pal,
The lonliest whore in Flint. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:07 am

I'm assuming you're referring to the stripes when you mention scallops... and in that case, I say HELL YES.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:30 am

Scallop:

Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Bw2-scallops

With simulated wood grain siding no less
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:31 am

Seafood... bleh.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:49 am

DBeaSSt wrote:
Scallop:

Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Bw2-scallops

With simulated wood grain siding no less

Way too freaking funny man... your'e killing me.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:35 am

*clap clap*

Lol

I like the idea Bewber! Let's see yoru pic!

Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:58 am

I'm on this like a racing turtle so far.

We're getting towards the end of the semester so school has been insane, but I'm workin on it.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:14 pm

Bewber wrote:

Your pal,
The lonliest whore in Flint. Very Happy

The scallops would look cool,. mini flames within the scallops??

If you felt motivated to do a flying canadian visit,. you could bring pat up with his trailer and come up here and pickup all the junk he wants before it goes to the scrap yard, and we'd feed you and let you play find the easter eggs with some different kids, so you wouldn't feel so lonely,. y'old whore.

Nick
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:08 pm

Thanks very much for the invite - for real - but I've even declined dinner with my own parents so that I can get things worked on around here.

Someday though - just not today.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:16 pm

You know what would look cool?

2.2 litres of PURE FURY!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:38 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
You know what would look cool?

2.2 litres of PURE FURY!

Haha. You know damn well that I'm already on it, blabbermouth. Very Happy

Allright guys - here tizz - a progress pic of my "2.2 L of pure COWL INDUCTION HOOD fury!"

Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Cowl_i10
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:40 pm

Oh my...I gotta see this pan out. BAM! Gonna be hot.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:15 pm

Wheels being painted tonight.

Cowl being painted tonight.

4 great big fat ass white letter steamroller tires go on tomorrow morning that should be turned into great big fat ass white walls by tomorrow evening.

I think they're like 275/65/15s all the way around. Oh my, I hope they fit in the rear - I don't know what I could ever do to make them work. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)   Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let the angry surfer wagon project begin. Need a lil halp - (also, my centennial post thread)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next