GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...

Go down 
+7
stockfornow
Fred Kiehl
Wagon Collector
Bewber
phantom 309
Thanatos
toomanytoyz
11 posters
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... Empty
PostSubject: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:34 pm

Yeah. So... I got totally busted tonight. I decided to try and put some miles on the car today since it did so well yesterday and it seemed to be running pretty good after 70 miles or so. So when we got back from the Easter rounds tonight, I decided to wash it and get it ready to show off at work tomorrow. And that's where this story begins...

I drive up route 3 to Amherst St to the touchless "Laser Wash" that I use pretty often. So the car wash goes pretty normal and car looks nice after the "post wash walk-around." So at this time, I'm all stupid happy that she's running good, and is nice and clean, and can't wait to show the guys at work tomorrow.

So I pull back up onto Amherst St, and for those who don't know the area, it has a median between the opposing traffic lanes. 3 lanes in each direction, so I am forced to go up one set of lights and bang a U-ey. Sitting at the light for the left turn, waitin' for it to change, I figure, "Why not?" And when I the light turns green, I decide to go ahead and let EVERYONE within a mile radius know that I was doing an Effin' U turn, dammit! And boy, was it fun. Smoldered the tires through first... And into second, most of the way through second, actually, til I let off. The whole intersection disappeared in smoke. It was totally awesome. I was having some real fun now! Then I just dumped it into third nice and easy, and then 4th, and cruised away at like 45 in a 40. I was grinning like an idiot.

And then the blues emerged through the smoke...

...and I started laughing hysterically. Smile

Caught RED HANDED. I was phucked. He was actually behind me at the light, waiting to turn. Ha ha... oops.

So, I pull right over to the side of the road, in an opening to a closed business, turn off the car (way too loud at idle!), shut the lights, flipped on the interior lights, grabbed my license and registration, set it on my lap, and continued to giggle.

The cop let me sweat it out for 2 or 3 minutes before he decided to saunter on over and address the situation.

So I'm still laughing when he walks up to the window and he's laughing too. (good sign) And he's a younger guy (another good sign) and this is how it goes...

Cop: *snickers* So. Uh, do you know...
Me: *laughing* Yeah, I know.
cop: You do? You know why I pulled you over? *smiling*
me: Yeah, I think I might. *still laughing* I think you might have caught me being an asshole in my totally obnoxious car.
cop: Yeah, pretty sure that's it. *smiling*
me: Yup. I figured. It was kind of obvious. I'm sorry man, I haven't driven it since last May, and I just finally got it running and back on the road this weekend. It was finally running good, and I decided to take it out and wash it so I could show it off to the boys at work tomorrow. Sorry.
cop: Oh, don't worry, I'm not gonna give you a ticket.
me: Seriously? Did you SEE what I did back there? Being a HUGE asshole...? I just couldn't help it. It's finally running right!
cop: Oh, I totally understand. If I had a car like this, I'd be a total asshole, too. I just had to pull you over to check it out.
me: Seriously? I can dig that. I really appreciate it.
*both laughing*
cop: Yeah, I'm not giving you a ticket, you're free to go. Enjoy your night. Oh, and nice car.
me: Thanks, you have a good night too.

I fired it back up, hit the lights, and pulled away. He flashed his lights and turned around in the lot.

I shit you not. That was exactly how it went down. And I am STILL giggling about it an hour later.

My wife got a kick out of the story and called me the luckiest bastard she knows. Funny thing is, that's the SECOND time I've been let go, with no ticket, for doing the exact same thing... A neighborhood destroying smokeshow, in front of a cop! Hahahahahaha! Very Happy

But just to get back at me, as I was pulling into my driveway and putting the windows up, the front roller on the passenger front window broke and the glass jack-knifed on me... Grrr... Always something. Wink

Still laughing though!
Back to top Go down
Thanatos

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:38 pm

Lol, great story Bill. Lucky.

I do that in front of a NE State Patrol....well....Not as funny a story.

I still remember the time I got a warning ticket for losing a game of chicken and ending up in a corn field. . .That's about as lucky as I get. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:49 pm

lucky asshole,..
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 12:10 am

LMAO - I LOVE IT!

Well, at least you earned being pulled over this time - and at least he didn't drive next to you for 5 miles before making his mind up to light you up.

That's just WAY too bitchin!
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:54 am

Awesome! I love it when a cop has a sense of humor.

I have an almost identical story from my Grand National days. Mine was a legal left turn, though. Cop was so close behind me I didn't see the light bar on the roof of the car. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: "Laughter is the best medicine"   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:08 am

Wow now thats a story to learn from.Even when you know you are screwed and you knew that this could be very bad for your future insurance premiums your sense of humor saved your butt! A cop with a sense of humor is a rarity today.Where I live a cop would lose his job if a superior had witnessed your actions and no ticket was issued.A close friend of mine lost his job as a deputy because he didnt write enough tickets and it became known that he was car and motorcycle enthusiast.
You have made my morning and I have already sent your story to a few car buddies that enjoy a great laugh.You sir are a lucky man and you have confirmed the old saying that "Laughter is the best medicine".
Take care and have a good day because yesterday was a great day for you>
Flasheroo
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:54 am

I should be so lucky. If I fart loud I get a ticket. I am glad that someone has a story with a nice ending. I enjoyed your story, and hope your string of good fortune continues.
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 12:23 pm

I think you should be buying a lottery ticket with your kind of luck!
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:09 pm

So what was wrong with the SS that you finally got fixed?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 2:09 pm

Nice. The cops are the same way around here. I can drive as fast as I want, and as stupid as I want in the wagons, and I have NEVER been pulled over. The SS is a different story. Last year, on the FIRST day I had it out, I got pulled over on the way home. Written up with almost $600 in warnings :wink wink:
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:45 pm

Thanks guys. I'm still giggling about it. Smile

And I'm not sure that the car is 100% yet, Joel. And I'm also not sure what had fixed the issues, as EVERYTHING has been replaced or swapped out... Good news is today that I was not able to reproduce the backfiring through the intake at all, whereas before I could make it do it... *crosses fingers*
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:30 pm

lmao, I had a somewhat similar experience in my 1970 K-5 Blazer (my first ride). Posi rear, 4 speed, wet road. Held it sideways for three blocks through the hooty-tooty shopping district in Ft. Lauderdale (Las Olas Blvd). Exhaust were a pair of thrush glass packs bolted to the headers.

Boy did it sound sweet echoing off the storefronts.....then the lights Sad
Turned out the deputy sheriff used to have the same truck and wanted to check mine out. Boy was my sphincter puckered for the first few minutes. ha ha ha
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:22 pm

LOL! That is too funneh. Does the little one like burnouts too? You could teach her to be your lookout for the fuzz.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:45 pm

I dunno Chirs. I sure hope she does. The only cars I drive her in won't do one. Wink Maybe I'll take her for a spin in the beast this year some time. Smile
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 6:01 pm

New sig pic for spring! I should take one, too... Big Ugly actually looks small in that pic...
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 7:51 pm

It's not very often that they are all in the driveway together. Wink It's kind of a sucky pic, dark and all, but it'll work til I get a better one. Very Happy And yeah, Big ugly does look small, but it's only cuz his friends are so HUGE! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...
Page 1 of 1