GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HoosierDaddy

Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps Empty
PostSubject: Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps   Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 6:16 pm

I had a screw in a tire so I took it in to be patched. The tire tech managed to break the plastic nut and adapter bracket for the locking hub cap. The center male thread snapped right off the base. I tried the local junkyard but they pull the wheels before it hits the yard, so the brackets disappear Sad So I need a new hub cap bracket and green lock nut for a '96 RMW shipped to Indiana. Might be interested in a nice clean pair of wire hub caps for the same. A couple of mine have some rash. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps   Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 7:49 pm

I can check for you this weekend. I have the green lock wrench. The adapters may be there, and there may even be a couple of wire hub caps.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps   Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 11:43 am

Thanks Fred. An extra key would be great too as that tire tech almost sheared the drive pin off of mine. FWIW the bracket has 11569 stamped on the outside. One of my covers has a large ding in the stainless "pie pan". The other bad one is just lip rash. Ideally I'd like to find a nice set of factory aluminum wheels so I could relegate the steelies to winter time use. Until that happens I'd like to get sine of these small cosmetic issues cleaned up.

No hurry. I'll be gone until late Memorial day. Taking the family camping in the Roady.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps   Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 3:58 pm

A 96 RMS just showed up in the yard and it has aluminum wheels on it. I can get them this weekend if you want them (provided someone does not take them before I get there).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps   Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 5:24 pm

I have a set of wire hubcaps I'm not using, but they are in condition similar to the way you describe yours:  minor dings and rash, DD quality.  I don't have the key, nor do I remember off-hand the color code. I don't know what kind of car they came from (other than Buick). I'll dig them out when I get home If anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
Bobloblaw

Bobloblaw

PostSubject: Re: Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps   Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 8:52 pm

I am beginning to think that Fred may or may not be manufacturing parts for our wagons.

I just read 5 posts where he literally had the exact part the person was looking for!.......and he wasn't trying to rape people on the prices.

Fred, thanks for keeping an eye out for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps   Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 9:40 pm

I am not manufacturing any parts. Just scrounging from the local junk yards. If I am first in line, I get the hard to find parts.

Thanks for the pat on the back.

I have a lot of small parts that are too numerous to post, consequentially they do not sell unless someone has a specific need, and asks about them.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps   Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 10:50 am

Wish I would have seen your offer to pull the factory alloys before I left for the weekend. I'm definitely interested in finding a nice complete set. There's a guy in the For Sale section that has some but he is unwilling to ship.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised but the wagon laid down 580 nearly flawless miles on this trip. Only hitch was the fuel mileage seemed lower than I expected for driving conservatively. I was getting just under 18 average. I had the whole family, a load of camping gear, and about 150 of these miles were on state roads up in the hills. So maybe it's not too bad after all.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps   Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 7:17 pm

I can still get the rims. I can ship, but it is not cheap. If you have a business address FEDEX gives a discount. I can ship all of them in one package by Greyhound, and that could be a little cheaper, but you would have to drive to pick them up. I would like $70 per rim. I can go Friday, or Sunday to get them. The center caps all have cracks in them. I have a set of center caps from a 92 RMW.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps   Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 6:06 pm

Fred, I'm going to pass on the alloy wheels. I need to fix this compressor situation and still have to replace the front shocks too, so funds will be tight for a few weeks. I am still interested in the hub cap bracket and green nut though. Any luck finding those? Or anyone else have them?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps   Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 10:31 pm

I got two hub cap adapters. I am not sure what the "nut" is. I have a green wrench. I can check for a compressor on a 96 RMS, that is in the yard, if it has automatic leveling. It would be the same unit. I do not know how to check for operation. It should have auto leveling, because it is a high optioned car.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps   Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 1:08 am

I pulled my compressor today. Pretty easy deal. I've been looking into how to power up a loose compressor to test it, but the answers are rather vague. I'll go out on a limb and say the compressor is good if it still has air shocks, especially if there's still air in the system when you disconnect the line. Ebay does have quite a few compressors, but there appear to be many variations and part numbers. The number on mine is 22153129. I only found one on there that looked like mine, except it lists 4 different possible numbers. I'd rather spend my dollars with someone here on the forum than deal with ebay. Although, I'd also like to get one asap as I'm without wheels until then. When will you be heading back to your yard?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps   Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 8:02 am

I should be able to go sometime this week, but I am not sure of the day. I also have to hope it has the same unit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps   Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bracket and green nut for locking hub caps
Page 1 of 1