GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?

Go down 
+5
Don in MO
Andebe
lakeffect
silverfox103
voxkd
9 posters
AuthorMessage
voxkd

Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Empty
PostSubject: Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?   Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 12:27 pm

Came home and found my passenger side rear door missing its pillar trim.  Can anyone tell me a reliable and cost effective source for this part, what it is called, and any helpful hints on how to install the new trim?  THANK YOU!!  It is a 95, stock gold Roadmaster estate wagon.[url=Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Img_8111]
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?   Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 12:31 pm

There is only one source: the junkyard. Someone may have some, try Fred Kiehl.

Tom
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?   Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 7:06 pm

It's referred to by us as a "sail panel" because of what it does... sails away.
Back to top Go down
voxkd

PostSubject: Re: Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?   Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 7:43 pm

Fred did not have one, BUT it appears another member of the forum does and will ship one to me this week. I love this forum. Thanks! BY THE WAY, anyone have any installation tips to prevent a future loss of this new one?
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?   Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 10:21 am

Use windshield urethane adhesive.
Back to top Go down
voxkd

PostSubject: Re: Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?   Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 12:25 pm

Andebe wrote:
Use windshield urethane adhesive.

Thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
Don in MO

Don in MO

PostSubject: Re: Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?   Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 3:09 pm

Mine went missing last year, same side! 1996 RMW, blue.

Any one want to sell me one?

Don in MO
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?   Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 8:04 pm

I do not have any. There has been a drought of RM and 91 OCC wagons in the yards lately.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?   Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 10:15 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
I do not have any. There has been a drought of RM and 91 OCC wagons in the yards lately.

is it time to make a mold of these and start making them?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?   Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 10:46 pm

I might be able to after getting the 454 done.
Back to top Go down
voxkd

PostSubject: Re: Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?   Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 12:31 am

It seems to me that this is the PERFECT piece for someone to scan and print with a 3-D printer.
Back to top Go down
just me

PostSubject: Re: Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?   Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 2:34 am

I still have the full set of flyaway sailpanels from the 92 or 93 Roady in white and needing paint. Also still have the single driver side (I think) door sailpanel from another 92 or 3 Roady that needs paint. They will need to be put on with urethane as the attaching pegs came loose and stayed in the cars. I don't know what to ask for them or what the shipping would be but they are available.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?   Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 5:37 am

I have a bunch.  On vacation right now I will photograph and post when I get home
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?   Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 9:41 am

Back to top Go down
just me

PostSubject: Re: Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?   Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 1:12 am

Don't feel like 'joining' a facebook group just to see if there is anything worth joining for.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?   Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 7:40 am

Facebook is a major security risk. No Facebook for me.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?   Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 10:42 am

The Facebook seller is a forum member...I just think of his forum name right now. Brain fart! Question
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?   Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:00 am

Try to pm Udownwitk. I believe this is the Ebay seller.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?   Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pillar trim has gone missing on Roadmaster Wagon...where to source?
Page 1 of 1