GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts Empty
PostSubject: Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts   Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 10:19 pm

So... anyone here running a wide wheel out back of their wagon? What are you doing for tires? Looking at a 9.5" wide wheel. What fits, what doesn't?
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts   Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 7:40 am

I have a 285/40R18 on a 10" wheel

Last edited by jasonlachapelle on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts   Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 10:32 am

jasonlachapelle wrote:
I have a 285/40R18 on a 10.5" wheel.
Still more than inch shorter than the factory set up. Cool
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts   Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 2:22 pm

jasonlachapelle wrote:

Pics? Clears with no cutting or spacers or whatever?

Sounds good. I have 22x9.5 wheels with a 13mm offset to go on.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts   Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 4:09 pm

RedandBlack you would need a 285/30 or 285/35/22 to make the height work. That doesnt leave much meat on the bone,if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts   Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 2:38 am

That's not a big deal, really.

Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts   Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 3:56 am

Andebe wrote:
jasonlachapelle wrote:
Still more than inch shorter than the factory set up. Cool

so ?  I just make a new .bin file for my PCM.

I don`t have photos of the wheels installed on the wagon, just uninstalled.  I use a 10mm spacer on the wheels. Didn't need to cut but they don`t fit with the 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust on the RMW (they rub on the exhaust).  They fit with the stock tailpipes on the caprice.

Last edited by jasonlachapelle on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts   Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 7:46 am

Jason, what was the back spacing on the wheel. I have some 10x15 that stick out too much and can't be used. on the wagon.

I am running 295/50/16 on an 8.5 wheel that give about a 1/2 inch on either side.

dave
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts   Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 7:56 am

I stand corrected, the wheels are 10" wide. I put a straight edge across but the tire protrudes from the rim, so the straight edge was resting on the tire.

distance from the straight edge to the flat part around the hub: 6 5/8"
distance from the straight edge to outermost bead of rim: 3/8"
distance from straight edge to flat edge of rim (just inside the bead): 1/2"

Sorry, I don't know if you are supposed to count that little bead on the rim. If so, backspacing would be 6 1/4". If not it would be 6 1/8". Let me know where you are supposed to calculate from.

The wheels come with a 7/16" spacer, so I guess that effectively modifies the backspacing.

With the spacers, the 285s JUST fit under the skirts. I did need to put in slightly longer studs.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts   Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 11:38 am

Interesting. I'll be dumping the exhaust ahead of the axle, so no issues with that one.

Very interesting.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts   Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 8:47 pm

RedandBlack wrote:

Sounds good. I have 22x9.5 wheels with a 13mm offset to go on.

you one of the brothers? yo?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts   Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wide Wheels, tires, and fat chicks in skirts
Page 1 of 1