GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from the rust belt. Looking for info on fuel pump.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
roadboat

Hello from the rust belt.  Looking for info on fuel pump. Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the rust belt. Looking for info on fuel pump.   Hello from the rust belt.  Looking for info on fuel pump. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 9:32 am

I have a 1994 Roadmaster with 141,000 miles.  I'm trying to look at the pictures from the following post by AzDon.  

F**ck#n fuel pump (again)

How do I do that.  I am putting my 5th pump in right now.  While I have the tank out I would like to see the alternative to dropping the tank (Access Hole).  

1st original pump lasted 90,000 mi.
2nd pump 40,000 mi.  (bought from dealer).  
3rd pump 0 mi.  Started engine once, then failed. (Delphi from Auto Zone)  lifetime warranty.  Replaced bolts with Stainless bolts.  Covered rust with POR15.  Replaced rusted quick disconnect fittings on sender and filter.
4th pump 250 mi.  5 miles from home.  Full tank, $80.00 towing fee.  (Delphi from Auto Zone) lifetime warranty.  Refund.
5th pump  Tank is out. New tank straps. ready to install.

Anyway, the pics are on photobucket.  I signed up on there.  All I get is the spinning icon.  Have these pictures been deleted?

I have looked at the following post:
Install easy access door for fuel pump.
I think I read silverfox103 has not actually used the access port to replace the pump yet.  

Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the rust belt. Looking for info on fuel pump.   Hello from the rust belt.  Looking for info on fuel pump. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 10:13 am

Wow,before you install this one,circle your wagon with salt. Make sure you have your lucky rabbits foot out,and a four leaf clover must be placed on the drivers side dash board. Oh...and probably best to not shop the same Auto Zone. You know...just to be safe. Shocked
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the rust belt. Looking for info on fuel pump.   Hello from the rust belt.  Looking for info on fuel pump. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 11:56 am

roadboat wrote:

I think I read silverfox103 has not actually used the access port to replace the pump yet.

That is correct, no need to remove the pump if it doesn't need replacing.  Others that have used the pattern, have done it.

Tom
Back to top Go down
roadboat

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the rust belt. Looking for info on fuel pump.   Hello from the rust belt.  Looking for info on fuel pump. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi Tom,
Can you email me the pattern? One person posted in the F**ck#n fuel pump (again)
post that your cutout looked a little small. I know there is a lot of twisting and turning to remove the pump. What was your reason behind making the cutout only slightly larger than the pump? I tried looking at the pics from the other poster who added compressin fittings to the lines. I see that photobucket is now, as of yesterday I think, trying to make people pay $400.00/year. How do I look at these pictures?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the rust belt. Looking for info on fuel pump.   Hello from the rust belt.  Looking for info on fuel pump. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 12:59 pm

send me your email address.

tom
Back to top Go down
roadboat

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the rust belt. Looking for info on fuel pump.   Hello from the rust belt.  Looking for info on fuel pump. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 1:13 pm

I sent you an email.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the rust belt. Looking for info on fuel pump.   Hello from the rust belt.  Looking for info on fuel pump. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 2:40 pm

roadboat wrote:
I sent you an email.

You sent me a email through the website, not from your email. You need to PM me your email.
Back to top Go down
roadboat

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the rust belt. Looking for info on fuel pump.   Hello from the rust belt.  Looking for info on fuel pump. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 2:44 pm

Oh. Ok. I haven't posted enough to do that. I'll make some posts first.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the rust belt. Looking for info on fuel pump.   Hello from the rust belt.  Looking for info on fuel pump. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 4:12 pm

Here's my email, just email me and I will have your address: silverfox103@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the rust belt. Looking for info on fuel pump.   Hello from the rust belt.  Looking for info on fuel pump. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from the rust belt. Looking for info on fuel pump.
Page 1 of 1